Results for - I wear many hats
1,659 voters participated in this survey
I have a lot of hats. Do you?
1. "If you have $5 brain, buy a $5 helmet." The sign in the repair shop that used to service my motorcycle makes the point that a quality helmet may not be cheap, but it protects a valuable asset. The primary purpose of all of my head coverings is protection. They provide some degree of protection from rain, cold weather, UV rays, and insects. I have had some jobs that required I wear some type of head cover. Have you ever had a job that required you wear some type of head cover?
Yes, for personal protection.
Yes, to protect the working environment (food industry or health care, etc.).
Yes, just as a mandatory part of the uniform.
Other (please specify)
2. I love being outside in all types of weather. I always look for clothing that is rated for UV protection. For kayaking and fishing, I have two hats with attachable face and neck shields. This provides some protection for my face and neck from the sun's rays coming from above and reflecting off the water. Friends, and a lot of folks I don't know, often feel compelled to say something about these hats. Most often they say they should get one for themselves. Whether it is a large brim straw hat or hats like mine with face and neck flaps, sun hats often attract attention. Do you have an eye-catching sun hat?
3. Some headpieces attract a lot of attention without providing much of a useful purpose. I suppose they are fun for people to wear. You seldom see a person wearing a ridiculous hat and a frown at the same time. Do you ever wear a funny hat like a cheesehead hat or some other novelty hat just for fun?
4. There are also the facinators, cocktail hats, and such that people wear to horse-racing events, weddings, and other formal events. Do you sometimes wear an elaborate hat or headpiece just as a fashion accessory?
5. Even if not an elaborate hat, do you have hats that you wear for the sake of fashion only?
6. Several of the women who volunteer at the soup kitchen also make knit caps of all sizes for distribution to homeless people and families in need. They have shown me how to make them, but I haven't attempted to make any. Have you ever made a hat for yourself or someone else?
01/07/2016 Beauty & Fashion 1659 24 By: UpstateSC