Results for - Light a candle with me...a thousand candles in a dark will open our hearts
1,960 voters participated in this survey
1. The song by Sarit Hadad was inviting people to light the candles to shine light into the darkness of fear and hopelessness. Did you like the song?
2. Of course the singer meant together bringing light - help, encouragement and hope into the lives of others - family, friends and strangers - whoever needs your help. Do you feel that you are light into others?
No, but I would like to be
Other (please specify)
3. This song was one of the several wonderful songs that one of my kids performed in his private school. I was very surprised that the theme of helping people, compassion, kindness and responsibility for one another was so strong in those expensive private schools while non-existent in public schools that my boys went to before. Do you think that rich people feel that they have to give back to the community while poor might feel that they are too lacking themselves to be able to help others?
4. In our culture there is a concept that every Jew must engage in - Tikkun Olam or Repairing the world, a pursuit of social justice and social action. Do you think that the Jewish theme of Tikkun Olam is central to the other cultures as well?
5. Do you presently engage in social action/Repairing the world?
12/30/2016 Living 1960 52 By: dinosaur