Results for - Killer Selfies
2,262 voters participated in this survey
1. The quest for extreme selfies killed 259 people between 2011 and 2017, a 2018 global study has revealed. Are you aware of the study and the approximate numbers of people that die taking risky pictures?
I am aware of the study
I know that people are dying from accidental deaths attempting risky selfies
2. Selfie. : a picture that you take of yourself especially by using the camera on your smartphone. Are you aware of this term, "Selfie"?
3. Here are a few facts about selfie deaths, choose the ones you've heard about:
Some of the areas where there is considerable selfie risk: the tops of mountains, tall buildings and lakes
Drowning, transport accidents and falling were found to be the most common cause of death.
Death by animals, electrocution, fire and firearms also appeared frequently in reports from around the world.
Selfie-related deaths are most common in India, Russia, the United States and Pakistan
72.5% of those reported are men
The number of deaths are on the rise. 2011 had 3 selfie deaths, 98 in 2016, and 93 in 2017
Many, many selfie deaths go unreported, or selfie is not listed as the cause
4. "Researchers at the US National Library of Medicine recommend that 'no selfie zones' should be introduced at dangerous spots to reduce deaths." Do you agree?
5. According to Nasim Mansurov, that the current generation is self-obsessed & that the reason for selfies are from control (taking ones own picture) and narcissism (having that perfect duck face or landmark photo that outdoes someone else's photo). Do you agree with this?
Agree that people are becoming too self-obsessed
Agree that narcissism being a promoter of selfies
Agree that control (of taking ones own photo) propagates selfies
6. Another psychologist stated that taking selfies, risky selfies is a sign of machiavellianism (a personality trait which sees a person so focused on their own interests they will manipulate, deceive, and exploit others to achieve their goals), narcissism, and psychopathy. Do you agree?
Yes to machiavellianism
Yes to narcissism (yes I know it's a dup, but it's part of this gentlemen's theory as well)
Yes to psychopathy
7. I cross-referenced selfie with thrill-seeking and those addicted or drawn to events that provide adrenaline rushes. Right off do you believe that those taking risky selfies could also be thrill-seekers, needing an adrenaline rush or more "needing attention, wanting attention, or liking attention"?
Needing or wanting attention
Addicted or drawn to adrenaline rushes
10/10/2018 Living 2262 72 By: PinkAnts