Results for - ROOKIE COP SAVES CHOKING CHILD'S LIFE
2,313 voters participated in this survey
Harrowing video captured the moment a 23-year-old rookie police officer saved the life of a newborn baby who was choking on anti-gas drops.
1. Pottsville, Arkansas, Police Officer Cody Hubbard jumped into action when he arrived on the scene of a call for an infant in distress. Have you ever had to call for help from the police or other professional (medical or otherwise)?
2. Joe Chronister, the baby's father, said that he and his wife were giving their newborn baby, Grady, anti-gas drops when the child began choking and losing air. "We were trying to give Grady his medicine ... and he was taking them just fine," Joe told "Fox & Friends" on Saturday. "Right towards the end, he started choking." Have you ever experienced choking or had a baby you were caring for start choking?
3. Chronister and Grady's mother, Katelin, immediately called 911 for help to save their baby boy. Hubbard responded to the scene, where he said he was "freaking out" the whole time, but was able to keep it together to save the child's life. Are you the type of person who can keep your wits about you in an emergency?
4. Body camera footage captured the moment Hubbard clapped Grady on the back to help dislodge the drops and allow him to breathe once more. Have you ever had to intervene for someone who was choking?
5. Hubbard, a father himself, said that the rescue was "life-changing." "Whenever I roll up on this [kind of] call, anytime I deal with something that involves a child, I think about how the parents would want me to treat the child as if it was mine," he said of his experience working with children and families. Do you think being a parent makes police officers better able to do their job and more compassionate toward others?
6. Hubbard said that after the incident, he immediately went to his cruiser and cried. "It felt good to see how that turned out. Mentally I just broke down," he told KARK-TV. "I was crying, but it was happy tears." Do you appreciate a police officer who "has a heart" and shows his emotions?
7. KLRT-TV reported that the officer believed he had help "from higher up" and that he prayed that the Lord would be "on [his] side" during the call. "Pretty much for the Lord to be on my side on this one," Hubbard said told the station. Do you appreciate a police officer who relies on God to help him/her with difficult situations?
06/16/2021 Careers 2313 67 Anonymous