Results for - Magical Characters
1,764 voters participated in this survey
My son in Middle School and still seems to believe in most of the magical characters we parents encourage. I love that he still believes in the magic and contains that innonance but Im worried kids will destroy his innonance of youth If they find out he still believes.
1. At what age should children know that its their grownups playing the roles of Santa, Easter Bunny, etc?
Belief shouldn't be encouraged
Whenever they start doubting the possiblilty.
2. Do you encourage your child(ren) to believe in magical characters? Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc?
Yes, because my partner encoraged it.
Yes but on a small scale because holidays should be about religion
No way! I don't want to decieve my children
3. When your child(ren) start asking questions about the magical character are you honest with your answers?
No I want them to believe for as long as possible.
4. Did they still believe in one character but know that another doesn't exhist?
My child quickly realized one of the magical characters job discription was impossible but continued to believe in another.
Once they learned the truth all magical characters ceased to exist.
5. Did your child believe you were dishonest by encouraging them to believe?
Yes, but didn't seem to mind
They were devasted by the lies
6. Did another child tell your child the truth before you were ready for them to know?
Yes a family member(cousin, aunt, uncle, etcc) told my child
Yes, they found out at school
Yes but my child didn't believe them
7. If you could start over would you still encourage the belief?
8. After one child stopped believing did they continue to pretend for a younger sibiling?
Yes, they loved being in on the secret!
No, they told other children at the first opprunitity
Yes, but only because I required it.
9. Did you feel deceived when you found out the truth?
Yes! My parent(s) lied to me!
No! Im glad my patent(s) encourage me to believe!