Results for - Shrinkflation --spotlighting products that are inconspicuously shrinking right in front of our eyes thus facilitating a sneaky price in crease for the manufacturer.
2,256 voters participated in this survey
1. Were you aware that shrinkflation was occurring?
I had no idea what this was.(Shrinkflation)
I was aware , but hadn't really given it much thought.
2. Were you aware that Doritos downsized their product over an 8 year period from 11 3/4 oz. bags to 9 3/4 oz. bags?
Hadn't given it much thought.
Don't really care, I'll buy them anyway.
3. How about Nabisco's Wheat thins that went from a 1 pound box to a 14 oz. box. The box is slightly shorter but the price stayed the same. Were you aware?
Don't really care.
4. Downy Unstoppables first downsized in May 2019 from 13.2 oz. to 10 oz. then from there to its present 8.6 oz. Were you aware?
5. Charmin "ultra strong" toilet tissue from 286 sheets to 264 sheets . Were you aware ?
6. And finally the last of my examples , look at your Peanut Butter jar, if it has an indention in the bottom of it, then that is how the company is decreasing the amount of peanut butter in the jar while making the customer think they are getting the same amount. Were you aware?
7. This is just a very few examples of what is happening in the corporate world and appears to be a consistent theme in a lot of companies. How do you feel about this practice>
Seems like a sneaky practice to me.
It could b e classified as a "bait and switch"?
Total misrepresentation of the product?
Other (please specify)
07/19/2021 Business 2256 108 Anonymous