Results for - Remember Spongmonkeys?
2,334 voters participated in this survey
1. A recent mention of them on a news-based radio game show to which I listen regularly had me looking up submarine sandwich franchise mascots from the '00's I'd almost forgotten: the Spongmonkeys (pronounced "sponge monkeys") who represented the Quizno's chain. Do you remember these little guys (or w h a t e v e r gender they are/were)?
2. These tuneful (?) little critters weren't the invention of whatever advertising agency Quizno's hired at the time of their extolling the virtues of toasted subs. The Spongmonkeys were the creation of British animators whose first video video of them went viral on the 'web before the introduction of YouTube. Were you familiar with these screechy primates (??) before their adoption by Quizno's
3. If an advertising campaign's goal is to raise public awareness of a company, the Spongmonkeys' ads were successful. If, however, advertising should keep present customers and persuade new ones, the grotesque lil' fur balls were at least as much hindrances as helpers. Quizno's corporate received much negative communication from TV viewers seeing the ads, and some franchisees put up signage disavowing involvement with the spots. Has unappealing advertising ever dissuaded you from patronizing a business?
Undecided/Not that I recall
4. However much the Spongmonkeys are to blame, there are fewer Quizno's locations now than there were 20 years ago. Do you regularly dine at/from Quizno's?
Once did, but no longer do
Never did, but may now
5. Whatever the Spongmonkeys' ultimate fallout, a song resonant enough for these two folk musicians in the accompanying video to remake it persists somewhere in the flotsam & jetsam of popular culture. Whatever you think of the characters and the subs they shilled, what do you think of these ladies' rendition of their song that predates the Quizno's connection?
It left no impression.
I didn't/couldn't listen to it.
05/14/2022 Business 2334 27 By: jlrake