Results for - Giving Kids Allowance
3,048 voters participated in this survey
According to financial expert, Bruce Sellery, giving your children an allowance and using it as a learning tool can help them to become financial responsible and avoid making any big mistakes down the road. Sellery says, "it helps them develop habits that work for them and it gives them the feeling of being independent, because 'I don't have to go and ask for money, I have my own money.'"
1. Do you think that giving kids an allowance can help them to become financially responsible adults?
Yes, I think it will prepare them for financial responsibility
No, I don't think it will prep rare them for financial responsibility
2. Did/do you give your kid(s) an allowance?
Yes, they do/did receive an allowance
No, they did/do not receive an allowance
3. If your kid(s) receive an allowance, do you find they manage their money well?
4. Did you get an allowance when you were a kid?
Yes, I received an allowance when I was a kid
No, I never received an allowance when I was a kid
5. If you received an allowance, do you think it helped you to be more financially responsible?
Yes, it helped me to be more financially responsible
No, it did not help me to be more financially responsible