Results for - Former teacher sentenced for having sex with a minor
1,444 voters participated in this survey
1. SC taught at JBHS and had sexual intercourse with one student (17) and 10 counts of oral sex, the student was 15 at the time. The teacher was given 1 year jail time, 5 years of probation, 1 year of counseling, and does not have to register as a sex offender. So far, how do you feel about the charges? Fair or unfair?
Need more info
2. The teacher is a male, the 2 students are female. The teacher was 19 at the time. Does the teacher's age make you want to change the way you answered in Question #1?
3. There are arguments already pro and con against the amount of time law enforcement spent on this case, given the age of the teacher; heated discussions on blogs as well as on social media sites. Here are some true facts from when I attended high school, check off which ones you feel are ok.
A football coach liked a student, when she entered 12th grade she turned 18, and started dating the coach
Nothing happened to the coach
The coach is regularly invited to alumni events
Nothing happened to the student (meaning nothing was said)
I started dating someone who was in 12th grade while I was in 10th grade
I continued dating this person after they turned 18 and they graduated (I was still under 18)
The law must take each case and the ages, into consideration, before and after at least one person turns 18 and sex is involved
If there is parent consent an 18 y.o. student can date a teacher, both are at the same school
4. Check off which facts you are aware of:
It is legal to get married in most states at the age of 18, except Mississippi - 21, Nebraska - 19
Most states permit marriage earlier with parental consent at age 16
Indiana, Nebraska, Washington - 17 years with parental consent
Texas - 14 years old with parental consent
New Hampshire - 13 for females, 14 for males with parental consent
Missouri, Mississippi, Idaho, Hawaii, Georgia - 15 years old with parental consent
Massachusetts - 12 years old females, 14 years old male with parental consent
5. Given the legal age for marriage with parental consent, would you change your answers in any of the above questions?
6. When in school were you ever involved with someone who turned legal age (18) while you were still a minor?
02/29/2016 News 1444 35 By: ptajuggalette