Results for - Alabama Chemical Castration Law
3,026 voters participated in this survey
Alabama has signed into law a bill that requires some convicted pedophiles to undergo chemical castration.
Under the law, those found guilty of a sex offence against a minor under the age of 13 will have to start sex-drive-lowering medication a month before being released on parole.
A court will decide when it is no longer necessary.
1. Are you aware about this?
2. Do you think chemical castration is a fair punishment for pedophiles that are found guilty of a sex offence against a minor?
3. In 2016, Indonesia passed a law authorising chemical castration, minimum sentences and execution for convicted paedophiles. At the time, Prijo Sidipratomo from the Indonesian Doctors Association branded it "harmful" and "against human rights". Do you think chemical castration is against human rights?
4. Chemical Castration is usually administered in a tablet form or by injection, blocks testosterone production and affects a person's sex drive. However it is usually reversed when treatment is discontinued. How effective do you think chemical castration can be in reducing/stopping sexual offences against minors?
5. When Alabama court passed the Abortion law most of the people were against it, Which of the following statement is closer to your opinion on chemical castration law?
The Alabama court should be appreciated for taking this step against pedophiles
The Alabama court is again taking away the human rights
The Alabama Abortion law is hurting human rights but the chemical castration law is not.