Results for - Maxime Bernier calls teen climate activist 'mentally unstable'
3,120 voters participated in this survey
People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier has doubled down after attempting to discredit an internationally recognized teenage climate change activist by calling her “mentally unstable.” The Twitter thread, which attracted plenty of negative reactions, essentially focused on Thunberg's call for complete societal change in order to combat climate change. He called Thunberg “the international mascot for climate alarmism” and claimed she is being used as “a convenient shield” by the left.
1. Are you aware of this issue?
2. Maxime Bernier, already a critic of climate change science, claimed that Thunberg and people like her "want to make us poorer and restrict everything from housing, transportation, food, travel, and what we consume, to even having babies." Do you think he is right?
3. Maxime Bernier said that "She admits that she is in a constant state of fear and panic and wants us to similarly panic in order to achieve the climate alarmist political goals she is fighting for." Do you think he is right ?
4. Former Ontario Liberal environment minister Glen Murray was among those who challenged Bernier. He said that "Maxime Bernier fails to challenge one scientific fact or idea that @GretaThunberg is advocating for and then attack her character and mental health." Do you think it was inappropriate of Bernier to call Greta Thunberg "mentally unstable"?
5. Greta Thunberg is open about her mental illnesses and has attracted many influential people towards advocating for climate change. Do you think that she is playing a "victim card" to become popular through the climate change problem?