Results for - Biden is about to set another record
2,141 voters participated in this survey
President Joe Biden is slated to set a modern presidential record. But not in a good way. (Source: https://tinyurl.com/2p8h5ybh)
Admin note: other sources we found were: https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/politics/joe-biden-weekends-away/index.html
1. At his current pace, Biden is slated to break the modern record for vacation time as president. Do you get weary of presidents seemingly spending more time on vacation than they actually spend working?
2. Biden had spent 188 days away from the White House as of early June, according to the U.K. Daily Mail. This would put on him on pace to spend just over 1,100 days on vacation, in the event he serves two full terms. Do you think him spending just over the equivalent of 3 years on vacation (if he keeps up his current pace) in two terms (8 years) of office is too much?
3. This would surpass Biden's recent predecessors. According to the Daily Mail, Biden's vacation totals (before his latest beachfront stay) were divided into 130 days in either Wilmington or Rehoboth, Delaware, 52 days at the presidential retreat at Camp David, and six days at a luxury vacation island in Massachusetts. Have you heard complaints (from others or yourself) about Republican presidents spending too much time away from the White House?
4. The 46th president reached 500 days in office this month, and is slated to spend more than a third of his first term on vacation, at the current rate. Only President George W. Bush came even close in his vacation frequency, taking a total of 1,020 days away from the White House, according to RedState. If you think George W. Bush spent too much time on vacation but think it is okay for Joe Biden to beat that record, why is that?
Biden is much older and needs more time resting and getting away from the chaos of running the country
Biden accomplishes so much in a little bit of time when he is at the White House, he can afford to spend more time on vacation than previous presidents
Biden is a Democrat and Democrats should be allowed to do whatever they want. I hate Republicans and nothing they do is good enough.
5. Other contemporary presidents don't compete. President Donald Trump spent 381 days away from the White House in one term, and President Barack Obama spent 328 over two terms. President Ronald Reagan, over his two terms in office, took 335 vacation days, according to a 2017 report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. President Jimmy Carter took only 79 days, the Plain Dealer reported. Records for presidential vacation totals aren't as clear before World War II, raising the possibility that Biden's paid time off sets an all-time historical record. Do you think Biden being on pace to set a record for amount of time a president has spent on vacation is one he should be proud of?
6. Biden bragged in February about his frequent trips to his home state. "You're probably the only one here that understands that every time I get a chance, I go home to Delaware," said Biden, recounting a conversation with one of his cabinet officials. "You think I'm joking. I'm not." Biden's latest vacation came as he faced a series of crises on domestic energy prices, inflation, illegal immigration, and the ongoing war in Ukraine. Do you think with all the concerning issues going on Biden should spend more time focusing on working as our president than bragging about going away?