Results for - Physics Professor's Hilarious Antics Make Sure Students Love Science!
2,696 voters participated in this survey
1. For many students at Tidewater Community College, Dr. David Wright is their "grandpa away from home." Have you ever had a teacher (either high school or college - or church) that was like a parent to you?
2. The Virginia Beach, Virginia, physics professor may be in his 70s, but he still manages to perform science demonstrations that would make someone half his age hesitate. Now, thanks to one student's tweet, David's epic stunts are going viral. Are you surprised at some of the things this 70-year-old professor was doing in the video?
3. As the video makes it clear, it's not unusual for the professor to give real-life examples of how science works, often with hilarious results. Have you ever had a teacher that went out of his or her way to make class more entertaining while teaching you something?
4. After all, in just one short compilation, we see David set off a small explosion, speed down a hallway on a platform, and bounce up and down on a pogo stick. If you aren't his age already (70), do you hope to be able to be as active as he is - at that age?
5. But he doesn't do it for the recognition. "I still enjoy opening students' minds to what science is all about," he said. "They have this vision that it's a dull, hard subject. I try to get them to overcome their fears and convince them that it's really cool." He's been teaching at TCC for more than 40 years and was named Professor of the Year in 2017 because of his passion for his students. Do you wish all teachers or professors had the same attitude as Dr. David Wright - to try to make learning as fun as possible?
03/15/2020 Education 2696 51 Anonymous