Results for - Canadian province ends school year early
2,818 voters participated in this survey
The Education Minister for Nova Scotia has declared that the school year will end roughly three weeks early in order to alleviate stress on parents.
1. Do you have currently have family members attending elementary or secondary school as students?
2. If you answered "Yes" to question 1, have you found distance learning to be stressful in your home?
3. If you answered "Yes" to question 1, would you prefer your district end the school year early?
4. If you answered "No" to question 1, do you think the school year should be ended early?
5. Parents in a number of areas have indicated significant problems or concerns with distance education. Which of these have you seen prior to this survey? https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/internet-connection-online-school-coronavirus_ca_5ebeb9f1c5b6e5d22c6c071a
Rural students with unreliable internet access or none at all.
Families with limited technology at home.
Massively increased bills for internet.
Parents unable to provide assistance for students having difficulties.
Parents working from home and needing the technology / bandwidth / time.
Home life not conducive to establishing a learning environment.
Teachers unable to grade submitted work due to an inability to prove it was the student that completed it independently.
Other (Please add in the comments)