Results for - You're Quite A Character!
2,364 voters participated in this survey
1. You may not know their names, but chances are, you know their faces. These actors are known for their character roles -- playing memorable, interesting or eccentric characters and often stealing the show even if their screen time is limited. An early use of the term "character actor" was in the 1883 edition of The Stage, which defined a character actor as "one who portrays individualities and eccentricities". Let's see if you know any of these famous (at least by their face) character actors. First off, John Michael Higgins, who is known for playing artistic men, flamboyant gay guys and awkward men who try too hard. He is most famous for A Mighty Wind (2003), Pitch Perfect (2012) and Best in Show (2000), but has hosted America Says, and appeared on Happily Divorced, Kath & Kim, Arrested Development, Ally McBeal and countless other TV shows, and movies. Do you know him for any of his roles?
2. Next up is Anne Ramsey who had made a career for herself playing angry, vicious and mean-spirited old women, many of whom made it their mission to ruin people's days. Sadly this wonderful character actress passed away in 1988, just as her career was taking off. She is best known for her most famous roles -- as Mama Fratelli, the evil matriarch in Steven Spielberg's The Goonies (1985) and of course, as Mrs. Lift, mother of Danny DeVito's protagonist, in Throw Momma from the Train (1987). But, she also appeared in Scrooged, Deadly Friend, National Lampoon's Class Reunion and TV shows such as Family Ties, Laverne & Shirley, Alf, Night Court, Murder, She Wrote and many others. Do you know Anne for any of her roles?
3. Can't have a character actor survey without at least one evil genius. Matt Ross has made a career out of perfecting psychos, cruel and evil villains and visionaries in a position of power. His most famous roles have been playing Alby Grant on Big Love, Charles Montgomery on American Horror Story and Glenn Odekirk in The Aviator -- but he appeared in many movies, such as American Psycho, Twelve Monkeys and Down With Love, as well on TV shows, Oz, Magic City, CSI: Miami and playing Johnny Cash on Ring Of Fire. Are you familiar with his acting roles (he is also a director and screenwriter most known for Captain Fantastic)?
4. OK, make that two evil geniuses. Jared Harris usually plays eccentric weirdos, villains and people from another time. He is best known for playing Lane Pryce on Mad Men, Russel in Igby Goes Down and Mac McGrath in Mr. Deeds. His credits go far beyond these roles, as he has been on TV in The Other Boleyn Girl (2003), The Riches (2007), Fringe (2008), The Crown (2016), The Terror (2018) and Chernobyl (2019) and in movies, such as The Last of the Mohicans (1992), Natural Born Killers (1994), Smoke (1995), Happiness (1998), How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog (2000), B. Monkey (1998), Shadow Magic (2000), Mr. Deeds (2002), Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004) and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). Although British, one of his best talents is completely adopting a different accent and nailing it. Have you seen him in any of his onscreen roles?
5. Keith David is known for playing borderline criminal types and strange neighborhood characters, but he can do just about any role (and has). He is best known for playing Mary's Step-Father in There's Something About Mary, Big Tim in Requiem For A Dream and Lester Wallace in Barbershop. He has also been on TV and in movies, with over 300 acting credits, including TV's Greenleaf, Black-ish, Enlisted and Speechless and in movies such as All About Steve, Clockers and Reality Bites. His voice is probably just as well known as his face -- he has done countless voice overs for film and TV, including one of his most famous roles, that of the President of the United States in the adult animated show Rick and Morty. Are you familiar with Keith in any of his roles?
08/07/2020 Celebrities 2364 26 By: Harriet56