Results for - Dolly Parton---Country Music Superstar
1,383 voters participated in this survey
On Monday, May 30, Dolly Parton and her husband Carl Dean will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows and throwing a big party. It'll be the wedding they never had when they were in their early 20s. “I’ll have a beautiful weddin' dress, ’cause I didn’t have a big, long weddin' dress when we got married, and we’ve got a suit for him, so we’re going to dress up and take a bunch of pictures.”
1. Dolly, who was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1999 and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2001, is one of the world's most celebrated country music singer-songwriters. She has won nine Grammy awards and twice been nominated for best song at the Oscars. Which of these songs have you ever heard?
"My Tennessee Mountain Home"
2. Dolly has acted both on TV and in films. Her biggest movie roles came during the 1980s. With which of these movies are you familiar?
"A Smoky Mountain Christmas" (TV Movie)
"The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"
3. Dolly was born in 1946, in Locust Ridge, in Sevier County, TN, close to Pigeon Forge where she opened her Dollywood theme park in 1986. She also sponsors several dinner theater venues there. Have you ever been to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg in the Smoky Mountains?
4. These are some of my favorite quotes from Dolly. Which of these have you heard?
"I look just like the girls next door . . . if you happen to live next door to an amusement park."
"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap."
"If I see something sagging, bagging, or dragging, I'll get it nipped, tucked, or sucked."
"People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don't know; I'm never there."
"I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde."
5. Dolly's Parton's Imagination Library began in 1995 as a program to give a book each month to every preschool child in Sevier County, TN. It has grown to the point that currently over 1600 local communities in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia provide the Imagination Library to over 750,000 children each and every month. Over 60,000,000 books have been given to children in the 21 years since its inception. Were you aware of Dolly's literacy program before this survey?