Results for - Johnny Belinda
2,637 voters participated in this survey
I saw the movie Johnny Belinda and I was so moved. I saw the 1948 version of the movie. It featured a small town off the east of Canada. Old movies can be such hidden gems.
1. Are you familiar with the original movie or any of the later versions of this movie? It was remade in 1967 as a television movie with Mia Farrow. In 1982 as another TV remake with Rosanna Arquette. There were 2 live television versions made in the 1950's also.
2. The main character Belinda played by the late Jane Wyman was a young woman living in Fortune Bridge, off the east coast of Canada. Belinda was deaf and mute. She lived with her father and his sister, her aunt. I had no idea this movie was based on a true story, are you familiar with this story in any way?
3. The movie showed me how we can overlook people based on what preconceived notions we have set in place about a person. It shows how a small town, though meaning well, can do more harm than good to it's most vulnerable members by indulging in gossip and stereotypes and forcing their way on others. If you you have ever seen this movie do you agree?
4. Do you like movies about people and how we can better ourselves as a society?
5. Do you like old movies? Are there any old movies that you feel have timeless life lessons?
6. Please share below any old movie, foreign movies that you feel have valuable life lessons. Thank you.
05/01/2019 Movies 2637 108 Anonymous