Results for - Bands - some were banned and some were not.
At various times since music was first able to be recorded and publicly aired, songs have been banned, sometimes for reasons that made sense and at other times for reasons that made no sense. at all. Very rarely if ever has the banning of a song or music reduced the ability of the public to listen to it - the opposite in fact - and often its popularity and/or notoriety has actually increased. Here are some songs that were banned, some that should not have been banned and some that could have been banned but were not. Do you agree or disagree with these decisions?
1. Here is a list of popular songs that were banned because of a false interpretation of the words in the lyrics or the meaning of the lyrics. Do you know the reason the songs were banned and do you agree with it/them (provide your own comments)
- A guy stealing women's underwear from their washing line.
- I disagree. They should NOT be banned.
2. Here is a list of popular songs that were not (widely) banned but could easily have been based on what has happened historically. Do you know the reason the songs could have been banned and do you agree with the decision (provide your own comments)
- Banned not because of the references to crossdresser but hte mention of Coca Cola
3. Here are some songs that were banned with few who disagreed with the decision (at least not in the political climate of the time). Do you agree or disagree - your comments please.
- Abuse of partners
- way out there so agree