Results for - Spinning A Tale
1,783 voters participated in this survey
Many small theatres hold a storytelling night, where a series of people tell true stories to a live audience. Usually there is a broad theme, but each storyteller is free to tell whatever style of story they want. Often throughout the night, the stories will evoke a wide variety of emotions from the audience. They are real stories, told by regular people about real situations.
1. Have you ever attended one of these events?
2. I recently attended one of these events on a first date. It led to discussion after the show that was a lot heavier than I am accustomed to on a "getting to know you" date. Would you consider attending something like this on a first date?
Why not? Let's dive into the heavy stuff right away.
No, I prefer to keep things light until I know them better.
3. My favorite story of the night was told by a surgeon about an emergency surgery, and his perspective on the life and death decisions he had to make for a complete stranger. Unlike many of the stories, I had no way to really relate to the situation and I found it extremely fascinating. Do you prefer hearing stories you can relate to easily, or those with a different perspective you know you can't possibly understand?
I want to relate to stories.
I prefer completely different perspectives than my own.
Don't care/don't like stories.
4. Would you ever share a personal story in front of a large audience?
Yes, I would ove that opportunity.
I would consider it, but am not sure if I could go through with it.
5. I have seen these types of shows range from $8 to $40, now that you have read this survey, will you look into going to one?
I already go to these types of shows.