Results for - Infection from Pedicure
2,883 voters participated in this survey
A Winnipeg woman developed a life-threatening infection after getting a pedicure. While getting the pedicure done, she was accidentally poked by the aesthetician with the instrument she was using. Two days later she became very sick and eventually had to go to the hospital. The doctors found out she had a severe staphylococcal infection. As a result, she could no longer go on her dream European vacation, as she had to get treatment.
1. Do you go to nail salons to get manicures or pedicures?
Yes, I do go to nail salons
No, I do not go to nail salons
2. Do you find that the nail salon you go to uses proper hygiene practices?
3. Are you ever concerned that the nail salon you go to may not have proper hygiene practices?
Yes, I have been concerned that the nail salon I go to may not have proper hygiene practices
No, I have not been concerned that the nail salon I go to may not have proper hygiene practices
4. Have you ever been concerned that you could get an infection from a manicure or pedicure?
Yes, I have been concerned
No, I don't think I have anything to worry about
5. Are you shocked that someone got such a serious infection from a nail salon?
6. Do you think hygiene regulations at nail salons and spas need to be tougher?
02/16/2016 Beauty & Fashion