Results for - Oldest Restaurant in Every State (Part Six)
2,329 voters participated in this survey
I realize dining out might not be on your mind as restaurants nationwide are required to shift their business practices as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. While the US is nowhere near as old as many other countries in the world, there's still plenty of history to be found, especially when it comes to food. From inns and taverns that have been around since the Revolutionary War to restaurants that were prominent watering holes in the days of the Wild West, every state has a unique story regarding its oldest restaurant.
1. MONTANA: Pekin Noodle Parlor, Butte - The Pekin Noodle Parlor was founded by immigrants in 1911 and prides itself on being one of the first — as well as continuously operated — Chinese-American restaurants in the US. Customers can choose from a wide variety of Chinese dishes as well as classic American sandwiches at this hybrid restaurant that's still family-owned. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
2. NEBRASKA: Glur's Tavern, Columbus - Glur's Tavern has remained true to its historic roots that date all the way back to 1876. Today, the restaurant is a family favorite that's known for its burgers, but in its early days, the tavern was known to be frequented by the old Western hero, Buffalo Bill. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
3. NEVADA: The Martin Hotel, Winnemucca - The Martin Hotel in Winnemucca, Nevada, is a unique eatery that specializes in Basque dishes and has been open since 1898. Today, the restaurant serves up dishes like pork loin simmered with garlic and pimentos and Basque sweet bread. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
4. NEW HAMPSHIRE: The Hancock Inn, Hancock - The Hancock Inn is a bed and breakfast with classic New England charm. The historic inn has been open since 1789. The inn's restaurant, The Fox Tavern, serves classic dishes with a gourmet twist, like slow-cooked grits with mussels. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
5. NEW JERSEY: The Black Horse Tavern and Pub, Mendham - The Black Horse Tavern and Pub in Mendham, New Jersey, prides itself in having been in business for over 270 years. Originally a stage coach house in the mid-1700s, the restaurant now specializes in farm-to-table American cuisine. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
09/25/2020 Food & Drink