Results for - Oldest Restaurant in Every State (Part Ten)
2,116 voters participated in this survey
I realize dining out might not be on your mind as restaurants nationwide are required to shift their business practices as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. While the US is nowhere near as old as many other countries in the world, there's still plenty of history to be found, especially when it comes to food. From inns and taverns that have been around since the Revolutionary War to restaurants that were prominent watering holes in the days of the Wild West, every state has a unique story regarding its oldest restaurant.
1. VIRGINIA: The Red Fox Tavern, Middleburg - Located in a charming stone building in Middleburg, Virginia, The Red Fox Tavern dates back to 1728. Today, the restaurant welcomes both locals and travelers who enjoy comforting dishes like braised beef short ribs and caramelized sea scallops. The Red Fox Tavern is closed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
2. WASHINGTON: Horseshoe Cafe, Bellingham - Since 1886, the Horseshoe Cafe in Bellingham, Washington, was been a local favorite. From breakfast waffles to juicy burgers, this restaurant has been an expert in comfort food for over 130 years. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
3. WEST VIRGINIA: North End Tavern & Brewery, Parkersburg - In addition to serving delicious pub food, this restaurant also serves beer from its very own brewery. The North End Tavern & Brewery has been in business since 1899, and its classic menu and atmosphere makes customers feel as if they've traveled back in time. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
4. WISCONSIN: Red Circle Inn & Bistro, Nashotah - Located in a stately home that opened in 1848, The Red Circle Inn & Bistro is a cozy escape in Nashotah, Wisconsin. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
5. WYOMING: Miners and Stockmen's Steakhouse & Spirits, Hartville - The name of this restaurant reveals plenty about its extensive history in Wyoming. Since it first opened in 1862, Miners and Stockmen's Steakhouse & Spirits has been a local favorite. Today, locals and travelers still enjoy the rustic bar and classic menu. Have you ever dined at this restaurant?
09/29/2020 Food & Drink