Results for - Pumpkin And/Or Spice(s)
2,421 voters participated in this survey
I'm not one to jump on common survey topics for the sake of their popularity. But i think I have an original angle on the seesonal perennial at least some of you may appreciate.
1. What North America has come to know as pumpkin spice flavor, far as I can tell, is base on the spices found in pumpkin pie and other desserts made with that squash. So, do you enjoy pumpkin desserts?
Yes, pretty much categorically
Some, but not all
I can take or leave them
No, pretty much categorically
2. I had a hunch what spices go in many people's pumpkin pies but checked out several recipes to make doubly sure I knew what I'm on about. Which of these spices do you enjoy in pumpkin desserts?
Other (please specify)
3. Combing through the the pumkpin pie recipes, it dawned on me that the spices I listed in the previous question are most of the same ones I put in (pumpkin-free) French toast, pancakes and waffles. Do you find yourself using the same spice (and/or herb) combinations for multiple dishes?
Yes (and I may name at least a couple such dishes in a comment)
Maybe, but none come to mind
4. It seems many, but not all. pumpkin recipes include at least one of the aforementioned spices, but not all. Whether or not you like them, can you think of any pumpkin recipes tha don't include any of those spives (and ifyou can, it would be appreciated were you to comment)?
Given more time, maybe
5. Were you ever, as I was briefly, confused as to whether pumpkin spice flavoring contains both pumpkin AND spices, or just the spices, akin to how chicken-fried steak contains no chicken but is friend like the same bird?
Perhaps I did but can't recall with certainty now.
10/02/2020 Food & Drink 2421 56 By: jlrake