Results for - Please Explain to Me
2,242 voters participated in this survey
Woke up with a sinus headache threatening to insert itself into my day, and maybe that's why I came home from the grocery store cranky. But I dislike the grocery store generally. (Except the produce department. I'm a sucker for good looking produce.) So maybe it wasn't the so much the headache as the grocery store and things there that don't make sense to me.
1. Shoppers used to treat the aisles like little two lane roads. This kept things moving along in (to my mind) an orderly fashion. Over the past ten years or so, this sensible practice has fallen to the wayside and everyone seems to be heading down the aisles willy-nilly and ignoring the "rules of the road." Can someone please explain this to me?
2. Helped an older lady locate the honey that was eluding her. Tracked it to the ends of the earth with the peanut butter. Aforementioned lady says it belongs with the pancake syrups on the breakfast aisle or with the sorghum on the baking aisle. Also that it is illogical that one can sometimes- but not always- find a display of those little bears in the produce section. And why not with the teas? She has a point. It's not logical. Can someone please explain this to me?
3. And why oh why do cans of soup stack neatly atop each other while canned tomato products do not? Why are the Big Tomato guys so oblivious to this? Why do consumers put up with it? Can someone please explain this to me?
4. My local supermarket used to stock the canned tomatoes on the vegetable aisle, but kept canned tomato sauce on the pasta aisle. They've now have them in one convenient location, but I never understood why the store was so determined to make sure I forgot one or the other when I needed both. Or why it took so danged long for them to change. Can you explain this to me?
5. Ok. I'm finished. And I feel better. Can anyone explain this to me?
06/13/2021 Food & Drink