Results for - Rice Facts
1,533 voters participated in this survey
1. Did you know that Rice is an annual plant that is harvested only once a year?
2. Did you know that there are more than 40,000 varieties of rice that grow on every continent except for Antarctica?
3. Rice is mostly eaten steamed or boiled. Which of these facts about rice are you aware of?
Rice can be also dried and ground into a flour.
Rice can be used to make beer and liquors.
Rice straw is used to make paper.
Rice straw can be also woven into mats, hats, and other products.
4. Did you know that Rice is an edible starchy cereal grain?
5. Were you aware that Rice is a complex carbohydrate that does not have sodium, cholesterol and barely any fat?
6. What types of Rice do you like to eat?
Short Grain White Rice (is a soft and cling together rice).
Medium Grain Rice (is more of a moist and tender rice).
Brown Rice (has a slightly chewy texture and a nutty flavor).
Sweet Rice (when cooked, this rice loses its shape and is very glutinous).
Long Grain Rice (this rice is perfect for rice pilaf dishes).
Basmati Rice (it has a natural flavor and aroma similar to that of roasted popcorn or nuts).
Jasmine Rice (it has a flavor and aroma similar to that of roasted popcorn or nuts, and has a soft, moist texture that clings together).
01/04/2016 Food & Drink 1533 27 By: SmokeyandBandit