Results for - A Blood Test that Predicts whether or not you will die in 10 Years?
2,252 voters participated in this survey
Scientists in Germany claim they have developed a blood test that will predict with about 80% accuracy if someone will die in the next 10 years. They claim that they looked at 14 bio-markers that indicate increased risk of death. Their sample size was 44,000 people aged 18 to 109. The risk factors are things that people know in general are bad for your health. They think the test will encourage people to develop a healthier lifestyle and therefore, live longer.
1. Do you think that this blood test is really accurate, or just another way to get people focused on their health so they will want more health services?
2. Do you think that the test will really produce the desired result - that people will develop a healthier lifestyle?
No, I think it could greatly backfire and cause some people to even become depressed or suicidal.
No, people already know what they are doing to jeopardize their health. This will not motivate them to change.
3. They are talking about offering the test to people on a voluntary basis, but do you think there is a danger that some day it will be required in order to get health insurance?
4. Do you think it could be used as justification to charge more for health insurance or even deny someone health insurance?
5. Would you want to get this test done on yourself?
Yes, I want to know the things I can do to get healthier
No, I don't want to be penalized by a health insurance company
No, if I am going to die in 10 years, I really don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.
08/31/2019 Health & Fitness