Results for - Calcium and PTH (parathyroid)
2,683 voters participated in this survey
1. Do you get your calcium checked every time you have blood work?
2. If your calcium numbers have ever run high - up to or near 10 - have you asked your doctor to have your parathyroid numbers tested?
3. My sister and I have both had issues with tumors on our parathyroid which causes your body to overproduce calcium which can cause bone loss, memory impairment, and other issues. We have both had surgery to remove these tumors, which are usually non-cancerous but can be extremely harmful to your overall health if not treated/removed. Have you ever heard of tumors like these?
4. We had our surgeries at the Norman Parathyroid Clinic in Tampa General Hospital. It is the worlds leading parathyroid surgical center and people travel from all over the world to have their surgery there. Have you ever heard of the Norman Clinic?
5. I had 4 tumors removed from my parathyroid and have discovered that people who have had gastric bypass surgery are more prone to developing tumors such as these and multiple tumors. If you have had gastric bypass surgery are you aware of this?
6. After doing this survey do you think you will pay more attention to your calcium numbers when you have blood work, and if they run high ask your doctor to perform additional blood work on your PTH levels?
01/26/2020 Health & Fitness 2683 33 By: dit657