Results for - Grandmothers' Poison Ivy

2,286 voters participated in this survey

According to family lore (suspect at best) my grandmothers had very different reactions to coming into contact with poison ivy.

It was claimed that Grandma was so reactive to poison ivy, that she could break out in a rash if she drove past it in a car with the windows open. Fact-checking seems to indicate this was not possible. What do you think?

1. It was claimed that Grandma was so reactive to poison ivy, that she could break out in a rash if she drove past it in a car with the windows open. Fact-checking seems to indicate this was not possible. What do you think?

It sounds possible to me.
11%
231 votes
I'm unsure.
15%
334 votes
I doubt that could happen.
36%
788 votes
How fast was the car going?
3%
55 votes
That's crazy.
13%
287 votes
N/A
14%
310 votes
I believe it.
9%
195 votes
On the other hand, Nanny was said to be able to pull out poison ivy (ungloved) by the roots without getting a rash. I saw her do this myself. Research indicates some people actually are not sensitive to poison ivy. What do you think?

2. On the other hand, Nanny was said to be able to pull out poison ivy (ungloved) by the roots without getting a rash. I saw her do this myself. Research indicates some people actually are not sensitive to poison ivy. What do you think?

Nanny was definitely not sensitive to the plant.
32%
696 votes
Nanny was lucky.
19%
409 votes
I'm unsure.
22%
478 votes
I'd have to see this for myself to believe it.
8%
181 votes
N/A
16%
346 votes
No way could she do that without getting a rash.
4%
90 votes
While I have had some bad run-ins with poison ivy as a kid, I don't seem to cross paths with it as an adult. How do you react to contact with poison ivy? Please select all that apply.

3. While I have had some bad run-ins with poison ivy as a kid, I don't seem to cross paths with it as an adult. How do you react to contact with poison ivy? Please select all that apply.

I have never been in contact with poison ivy.
26%
578 votes
I don't know if I was ever in contact with poison ivy.
12%
267 votes
I don't know if the rashes I have had were from poison ivy.
4%
87 votes
I seem not to be sensitive to poison ivy.
8%
170 votes
I get minor to moderate rashes if I come in contact with it.
8%
177 votes
I had horrible rashes from it as a kid.
7%
145 votes
I have had horrible rashes from it as an adult.
6%
126 votes
I have had horrible rashes from it throughout my life.
3%
65 votes
N/A
22%
484 votes
The rash was a minor nuisance.
5%
119 votes
The itch from the rash was almost unbearable.
9%
199 votes
Just thinking about this makes me itchy.
7%
148 votes
08/15/2022 Health & Fitness 2286 55 By: sylviefb
sylviefb profile photo
By: sylviefb
view all surveys
Earn Rewards Live

Comments