Results for - Immunizations
2,165 voters participated in this survey
My baby got his shots today and it got me thinking about vaccines in general: I have always been torn in making the decision about which vaccines to give my children. Both my parents and my husband's parents never immunized their children, but my husband has family members who live with the long-term effects of polio and others with the adverse effects of mumps, so we have considered multiple perspectives. (We live in Canada, so the schedule and laws may be different for those who live in the USA.)
1. Do you (and your children if applicable) keep your vaccinations up to date as per the recommended schedule?
2. If no, this is because...
...I haven't had the time to get them updated
...I am concerned about adverse effects
...my religious beliefs don't support vaccinations
...I have a medical condition that prevents me from being vaccinated
...I prefer a natural/alternative approach to healthcare
...I choose to get some of the recommended vaccines and not others
3. Do you know someone who has experienced any of the following "vaccine-preventable" diseases?
4. Do you believe the influenza vaccine is worth getting?
5. Are you familiar with the concept of herd immunity?
Health & Fitness