Results for - Things
2,300 voters participated in this survey
This survey is based on the third answer option for the first question, which i endeavor to not use in speech nor writing.
1. When you think of a "thing," what comes to mind?
A physical object ("Give me that thing over there!")
An idea, generally speakiing, or the gist or main point of an argument or proposition ("The thing of it is...")
An idea, custom, consumer product, etc. that's currently viable, in use, popular, etc. ("Is that still a thing?")
Other (please specify)
Romantic interest in someone ("I got a thing for her!")
All the above
2. Another Thing is the monstrous being Ben Grimm became after a space travel mishap, qualifying him to be a member of super hero quartet The Fantastic Four in comic books and other media. Are you familiar with this Thing?
3. The Thing was also the name Volkswagen gave in the mid-1970's to the US iteration of what went by Type 181 and other names throughout the world. The 2-wheel drive, 4-door convertible was originally made for Germany's army and later positioned as a (short-lived, in the States) competitor to the Jeep. Based on its name and fun commercials, none of which I could find online, I wanted one as a kid. Were you familiar with this Thing before this survey?
Yes, and I own(ed) one!
Unsure/Vaguely at best
4. Aficionados of Japanese monster movies may also know The Thing as an alternate name for Mothra, the giant insect fought by Godzilla in a 1964 feature. Before now, were you familiar with this Thing as The Thing, Mothra, both, or not at all?
Only as The Thing
Only as Mothra
As both The Thing and Motha
5. Would you like to share with your fellow Tellwutters what your favorite thing (and/or Thing) is?
Yes, at least one
Undecided/Not now, anyway
I've no favorite thing nor Thing.
01/23/2021 Living 2300 76 By: jlrake