Results for - Epilepsy
1,341 voters participated in this survey
1. Do you know what epilepsy is?
2. Do you know anyone with epilepsy/seizure disorder?
3. Do you know that there are different types of seizures?
4. Grand Mal seizures are what people typically think of when talking about seizure. Grand Mal seizures are the result of overactive electrical connections that occur in the entire brain at the same time, and results in losing consciousness, and sometimes convulsions. Have you ever witnessed someone experience a grand mal seizure?
5. Focal seizures are also a result of overactive electrical connections in the brain, but instead of happening in the entire brain at the same time, the seizure activity is focalized to one area in the brain, and usually doesn't result in losing consciousness. Focal seizures can cause various symptoms, including losing focus, twitching and experiencing sensations that are not there. For me, when I experience focal seizures, I smell ammonia and taste bleach, which is technically a hallucination caused by the seizure activity. Did you know that this is a type of seizure?
12/29/2015 Living 1341 16 Anonymous