Results for - Seniors and Veterans Emergency Benefits Act (SAVE)
1,719 voters participated in this survey
I use the term "Title II social security" or "Title II" in this survey. For those who do not know what that means, Someone is eligible for Title II benefits when either they or a qualifying family member have paid into social security and they meet all other qualifying requirements.
1. The SAVE act is US House of Representatives bill H.R. 4012. If passed, it directs the department of the treasury to issue a payment equal to 3.9% of the average annual amount to certain eligible recipients of Title II social security. It is a response to the lack of a cost of living increase to social security this year. Before this survey, had you heard of the SAVE act?
2. I've not read the entire bill yet, so going with just the information here - that eligible Title II recipients would receive a one-time payment to 'make up' for the lack of a cost of living increase in their benefits - do you generally support or oppose the bill?
Support - eligible Social Security Title II recipients should receive a one-time emergency payment
Oppose - eligible Social Security Title II recipients should NOT receive a one-time emergency payment
3. Are you or someone in your immediate family potentially eligible for the emergency payment as a Social Security Title II recipient?
4. Whether you support the SAVE act or oppose it, do you know how to contact your representative in the House to tell them how you wish them to vote on your behalf?
5. Regardless of your nationality, have you ever written or called your elected representative to tell them how you want them to vote on your behalf? (Internet form letters and petitions do not count as a contact for this question)
6. Do you think the SAVE act will pass, be voted down or die on the House floor?