Results for - Authors: Professionally Published/Self Published
1,714 voters participated in this survey
1. Generally do you think of professionally published authors better than self published writers?
2. Would you ever self publish if you couldn't get professionally published through traditional means?
3. Have you ever purchased a book written by a self published author?
4. What is your first thought when you think about self publishing?
Doesn't matter either way (between traditional and self publishing)
Other (please specify)
5. Have you ever written a book?
6. Have you ever wanted to write a book if you haven't?
7. Did you know that self published authors can have their books sold through amazon, barnes and noble and be available for sale for libraries and most other places online?
8. Sometimes it is impossible to tell if a book is self published if buying online. Only when you get the physical copy will it sometimes have a brand or logo on it that indicates a self publishing company, or if the author puts it in his/her bio. Otherwise the biggest indicator is that the book is only available online and not available in store (although that is sometimes not the case, even though that is rare for a self published book to be available for in store purchase). So taking that into consideration do you think it is possible for you to have bought a book that you didn't know was self published?
9. Has this survey intrigued you enough that you will investigate to see if any of the books you own were written by self published authors?
04/09/2016 Living 1714 23 By: stellwut13