Results for - Victim impact statement
1,903 voters participated in this survey
A victim impact statement is a written or oral statement made as part of the judicial legal process, which allows crime victims the opportunity to speak during the sentencing of their attacker or at subsequent parole hearings.
1. Have you ever given a victim impact statement?
2. If yes, do you feel it helped you to recover mentally and emotionally from the ordeal?
3. Some jurisdictions permit statements to express what they deem to be an appropriate punishment or sentence for the criminal. Some jurisdictions expressly forbid any proposal or suggestion on punishment or sentencing. Do you think victims of crime or their family should be allowed to give their opinion of appropriate sentencing in open court?
4. Have you ever served on a jury in a civil case?
5. If yes, was a victim impact statement presented to determine the amount that should be awarded to the plaintiff?
06/02/2016 Living 1903 15 By: UpstateSC