Results for - Should homophobic and rascist people be tolerated in today's modern society.
2,451 voters participated in this survey
A recent survey compelled me to ask some questions about tolerance and intolerance of racism and homophobic behavior. I realize I might inadvertently be giving a forum to racists and homo-phobics to continue their hateful ways. However, I'm hoping the comments from people impacted by this backwards thinking, will teach just one person to be more tolerant of their fellow human beings.
1. When you hear a homophobic or racist comment. Do you...
Speak up and tell the person their homophobic/racist comment is unacceptable?
Silently agree with them?
2. Do you think websites allowing comments should screen and remove hate literature, such as homophobic or racist comments, from their website?
3. In February 2019, the American Psychological Association released a study showing racism can cause post traumatic stress disorders in victims. https://www.apa.org/pubs/highlights/spotlight/issue-128 Knowing this...
Are you more likely to speak up when you hear someone uttering or see someone writing a racist or other discriminatory comment.
Are you still probably going to stay silent when faced with injustice?
Do you plan to try to change your own racist or homophobic behavior towards your fellow humans?
Do you still plan to be an unapologetic racist or homophobic person.
4. Have you personally suffered as the result of racist, homophobic, or other discriminatory behavior? If so, please explain below, and feel free to give an impact statement.
5. Should racist or homophobic comments be punishable by fine or jail time?
Definitely, after a trial of course!
09/07/2019 Love & Relationships