Results for - Bride Fulfills Grandmother's Last Wish
2,261 voters participated in this survey
At 102 years old, Stasia wanted nothing more than to watch her granddaughter, Tara Foley, get married.
1. Unfortunately, having just entered hospice care, Stasia wouldn't be able to fly out to Texas for Tara's wedding. Still, she was determined to hang on. The loving grandmother would do whatever she could to be there. But her heart was failing, and she didn't have much time. Do you know anyone that had to be on hospice near the end of their time here on earth?
2. So, Tara decided to go to her Nana, instead, months before her wedding. In January, the bride-to-be secretly flew out with her unaltered dress to share an incredibly touching photoshoot with Stasia. Do you know of anyone who did something special for someone before their end so they could have a special experience?
3. "Words cannot explain how much these moments mean to me and I will cherish these memories for the rest of my life," Tara wrote in a Facebook post detailing the last time she saw her beloved grandma. Have you ever lost someone to whom you were very close?
4. Tara kept the secret for months, cherishing her final memories of Stasia. Then, in June, she finally shared them with her mom, dad, brother, and sister in law, unveiling one of the photos on her wedding day. Do you know of anyone who kept a secret from his or her family until one momentous, special day?
5. But Tara deserves some recognition herself. She made her grandmother's dying wish come true, after all. Stasia may not have lived to see Tara tie the knot, but she got to see her in her wedding dress and become one of the most important parts of her big day. While she wasn't there physically, she was certainly there spiritually. Tara and her family can attest to that. Rest in peace, Stasia. You were and still are so loved. Have you, personally, ever been able to organize something particularly special for someone else?
09/11/2019 Love & Relationships 2261 66 By: bezdekbt