Results for - Homosexuality and Disability
1,891 voters participated in this survey
In the attached link is an article by OUT Magazine which demonstrates the harsh and unfortunate reality faced by numerous non-heterosexual and disabled individuals. As a disabled individual, we are already marginalized and stereotyped to an unhealthy degree, however adding the factor of sexual orientation only serves to amplify the degree of social isolation these individuals may face. In continuing off the idea of isolation, many of these individuals have stressed or lost relationships and long for intimacy in which non-disabled people often take advantage.
1. Do you feel that being a homosexual amplifies the already existent discrimination a disabled person faces?
2. Do you think this is common issue?
3. In this article, an homosexual individual with cerebral palsy hires a sex worker. He explains that for several years he has longed for physical contact. How do you feel about this man decision?
You feel homosexuality is wrong.
You are disturbed by the thought of disabled people craving intimacy.
You feel that hiring a sex worker is wrong and/or demeaning to both/either the individual or the worker.
You feel that everyone deserve some form of physical contact, but do not agree with the man's choice
You agree entirely with the man's choice.
4. What would you do, if you were in this man's situation?
You would tolerate the lack of intimacy.
You would do the exact same thing as the man.
You would attempt to develop an actual connection with someone and hope it lead to intimacy.
5. Do you know of someone who you feel might be in a similar situation as this?
Love & Relationships