Results for - Sibling compatability
1,900 voters participated in this survey
1. Do you have any siblings?
2. If you answered yes, do you get along?
3. Has the death of your parent(s) affected your relationship with them in any way?
4. My father died 7/29/2105. Since then, I have found out that my sister has not payed his taxes on his property since 2012 and I am furious! I only found out because a foreclosure notice was sent to his house. Has this ever happened to any of you?
5. I am totally at a loss on how I should handle this. What do you think I should do?
Pay the taxes and keep the family peace.
Hire a lawyer.
Let them proceed with the foreclosure process.
6. Needless to say, we had a huge fight once I discovered this information and we haven't spoken since. I paid the lowest amount possible to fend off the foreclosure to give us time to work this out, but she refuses to discuss it with me. I really don't want to hire a lawyer if I don't have to. I would much rather spend the money on the taxes than give it to lawyers, however, knowing my father earned enough to pay these taxes while he was alive is stopping me. She obviously misused these funds while she had his power of attorney and I think she should be held responsible. Do you agree?
03/08/2016 Love & Relationships 1900 51 By: MickeyP1229