Results for - Top Autumn Destination in Each State (Part Two)
1,799 voters participated in this survey
Each of the four seasons presents its own unique set of travel opportunities, with autumn being known in much of the country for offering a grand finale for outdoor pursuits that just so happens to coincide with the changing of the leaves. The season also brings the return of football in all its forms and Halloween, two of our most cultural traditions. Let's see where the best place to be in your state over the next couple of months will be. (Source: Travel Pulse)
1. Colorado: Denver - Start your autumn adventure in the Mile High City by taking a ride on the recently-launched Rocky Mountaineer from Denver to Moab, Utah, which includes an overnight stay in Glenwood Springs. if you're clever, you'll time your train ride with Denver's famous Oktoberfest (September 17-19 & 24-26), the Punkin Chunkin festival (think airborne pumpkins) or a Broncos home game. The Mile High City is also well within striking distance of day trips into the Rockies to admire the fiery colors of Colorado's signature aspen trees. Have you ever visited this destination?
2. Connecticut: Mystic - In addition to the aura of history all around you at Mystic Seaport—which will once again host a myriad of Halloween events—this autumn will also see the aroma of everyone's favorite bulbous plant in the air as the Garlic Festival (September 18-19) returns to town. Autumn also sees the annual return of beloved cidery B.F. Clydes, which has been making cider and other apple-kissed goodies since the 1800's. Have you ever visited this destination?
3. Delaware: Rehoboth Beach - The sun may have set on summer, but Rehoboth Beach doesn't miss a beat. Truly one of the nation's best beach towns, autumn will once again feature crisp sunny days and sensational events like the Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival (October 14-17) and the Sea Witch Festival (October 29-31). Keep an eye out for scores of scarecrows throughout town during autumn, too! Have you ever visited this destination?
4. Florida: Orlando - Autumn is the ideal time to head to the theme parks of O-Town as the summer crowds fade but the fun stays in high gear. At Walt Disney World, Epcot's beloved International Food and Wine Festival goes strong until November 13th while the Magic Kingdon will paint itself orange during Disney's After Hours Boo Bash. And of course, Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights will be back and scarier than ever while Sea World's Spooktacular at SeaWorld will offer up family-friendly fun through October 31st. Have you ever visited this destination?
5. Georgia: Atlanta - ATL owns the season with two stellar music festivals and a myriad of Halloween events all over town. Music Midtown takes over Piedmont Park on September 18th & 19th and will feature the sounds of Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and Marshmello (to name but a few of the artists on the schedule) while One Music Festival (October 9-10) takes place at Centennial Olympic Park and will feature H.E.R, Lil Wayne, The Isley Brothers and Burna Boy. In addition, head to Little Five Points on October 16th & 17th for the return of one of the nation's best Halloween festivals. Have you ever visited this destination?