Results for - Knowing From Shinola
2,313 voters participated in this survey
1. Shinola is, to my ears, a fine-sounding word, and it's a brand name at least a couple of times over. Firstly, it was the name of a brand of shoe polish first sold in the U.S. in 1877, with its production ceasing in 1960. Before taking this survey, were you familiar with Shinola shoe polish?
2. If you've ever heard someone say that another party doesn't know (word for solid digestive waste), or anything else, from Shinola, were you aware that the latter point of comparison was a shoe polish, probably its brown variety?
I never heard the phrase (at least until I heard the Dolly Parton song accompanying this question).
3. Currently using Shinola for its name is a company known for making luxury timepieces and-go figure-bicycles. Before this survey, were you familiar with this Shinola business?
I'm not only familiar with the company, I own(ed) at ieast one of its products.
4. If ever you've heard anyone say that so-and-so doesn't know something from Shinola, have you ever thought s/he meant a watch or a bike?
Perhaps (as those products may have been my only frame[s] of reference for the word)
Again, I was previously unfamiliar with the phrase.
5. For what line/s of goods do you believe Shinola is a fitting name?
Two of the above, but not all
None of the above
12/06/2021 Products 2313 25 By: jlrake