Results for - Santa and other NON-fictional characters...
1,763 voters participated in this survey
1. When my kids were little they both believed in Santa. My son figured it out when he was only 6. He was so sad but I asked him not to tell his little sister. He promised, I hugged him, he yelled, "I TOLD YOU SANTA ISN'T REAL!" to his sister about 5 seconds after the hug. Did one of your kids tell the younger siblings that Santa Claus wasn't real?
2. I took my kids to the circus when they were really young. My son got scared during the "saw the lady in half" bit so I tried to be helpful. "It's pretend; it's not real..." "Like a cartoon?" "Yes, like Mickey Mouse." "Mickey Mouse isn't real?" Parent fail. Did you ever do anything stupid like this as a parent?
3. Hiding Easter eggs and putting out Santa gifts was tough because I had to stay awake until I knew the kids wouldn't hear me. Did you ever fall asleep and wake in a panic because you forgot to set out "holiday surprises?"
4. My kids are adults now, but every year I ask if they still believe in Santa and they are trained to lie to me (for the extra gift!) It's just something funny we do as a family. Do you have similar inside jokes with your kids?
5. We made up our own fake holiday and celebrated it each year as if it were real. Has anyone else done this?
11/12/2015 Sports 1763 42 By: dvtinker