Results for - RFID skimming and blocking
1,708 voters participated in this survey
Any thoughts or insight you have on the subject of RFID (radio frequency identification technology) skimming is appreciated.
1. Do you carry your debit and credit cards in a RFID blocking sleeve or RFID blocking wallet?
2. I saw an advertisement for a RFID blocking wallet. What the ad said made sense to me. I did a bit of research and found these RFID blocking sleeves and wallets are not very effective at blocking the data emitted by contactless cards. Do you think these RFID blocking devices live up to the claims?
3. In a 2010 news report by Memphis television station WREG, a representatives from the Identity Theft Resource Center said "they've never seen a case of RFID skimming used to steal information." Other identity theft analysts say they don't feel RFID skimming is much of a threat. Do you think it is a good idea for credit and debit card users to use some type of RFID blocking device?
4. I try to be reasonably cautious about protecting my personal information. Based on my research on the subject, I don't think RFID skimming is much of a problem. Do you know of anyone who believes their personal information has been stolen by skimming?
5. Had you heard of RFID skimming and RFID blocking prior to this survey?
01/16/2016 Technology 1708 26 By: UpstateSC