Results for - Covered Bridges
2,612 voters participated in this survey
1. Do you live in an area and / or have you visited an area with covered bridges?
2. Did you know that the oldest documented covered bridge is the Hyde Hall bridge in Glimmerglass State Park near Coopertown, NY? It was built in 1825.
3. Did you know that the longest covered bridge is Lake Ponthartrain Causeway? The bridge is so long that for 8 of its 24 miles you can't see land in any direction?
4. Did you know that the shortest covered bridge is West Liberty covered bridge , across cowless creek in Geneva, Ohio?
5. Did you know that the most famous and most beautiful covered bridge is in Rockingham, Vermont by the coutry store? It is known as the kissing brige and that goes back to the horse and buggy days.
6. Did you know at one time in the United States there were as many as 12,000 covered bridges? Today it is between 850-1000.
7. Did you know that Pennsylvannia has the most covered bridges? 219 remain in the state.
8. Do you like covered bridges and find them interesting?
9. Do you have a favorites covered bridge that you have visited?
10/29/2019 Trivia 2612 62 Anonymous