Results for - Trump Signs Executive order to end the policy of separating children from detainees who have crossed the border from Mexico to US illegally
2,861 voters participated in this survey
Family separation was said to be enacted as a deterrent for families from Mexico to cross into the US illegally. This strategy resulted in world wide outrage of human rights violations along with US internal turmoil among democrats and republicans alike. The policy was said to be taken as an interpretation from a 1997 legal agreement and 2008 bipartisan human trafficking bill. Some say the enactment of separation was used as a bargaining chip to push US Administration immigration policy, specifically related to the building of the wall between US and Mexico.
1. Did you agree with the original policy of separating children from their parents?
2. Are you happy with the new executive order to stop the separation of families?
Don't believe it went far enough
No, should have remained in place
3. Do you feel that the new Executive order of detaining parents with children will help in the reuniting of the over 2,000 children currently parentless in detention centers?
4. Do you agree that a wall should be built between Mexico and US?
5. Do you think that President Trump purposely pushed family separation in order to push approval of funds to build a wall between Mexico and US?
6. Do you think there should be a wall built between Canada and US borders?