Results for - Microsoft Japan - four-day work week 'boosts productivity!
3,127 voters participated in this survey
Microsoft Japan said sales had been boosted by nearly 40% during an experiment in which staff worked a four-day week on full pay.
Offices were closed on every Friday of August 2019 and full-time staff were given "special leave", which was paid.
Meetings were restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes and online discussions were encouraged as an alternative to face-to-face.
1. Have you heard about a "Four-day Work Week"?
2. If you work full-time, which of the following would give you a perfect work-life balance?
Working 8hrs/day for 5 days/week (Normal Work Week)
Working 12hrs/day for 4 days/week
Working 8hrs/day for 4 days /week
3. A 2017 survey suggested nearly a quarter of Japanese companies had employees working more than 80 hours overtime a month, often unpaid. Have you ever worked overtime without being paid?
4. Do you think that the government should impose a "four-day work week" policy?
5. The Free Market Adam Smith Institute warned: "If we force people to work less they will inevitably earn less." Do you think it would be fair enough to reduce the number of working days/hours per week and increase the labor wage to resolve this economic discrepancy?