Rewards
Walmart logo
Amazon logo
PayPal logo
Amazon gift card
Take surveys and collect rewards from the industry-leading e-commerce website, Amazon.com, Via "amazon gift cards". The more you take or create survey, larger the amazon gift card you earn.

Results: I have 3 dogs and go to a large treed dog park often. One lady brings her small toddler. The little boy plays in the dirt and even eats snacks while surrounded by large dogs. I usually leave if she comes.

Published on 05/29/2013
By: nancy180
Best Survey May 2013
Do you have a dog (s) ?
Do you have a dog (s) ?
Yes
44%
760 votes
No
56%
970 votes
Do you take small children to a designated dog park or beach?
Yes
10%
172 votes
No
45%
776 votes
Not Applicable
45%
782 votes
Do you think that this parent is being irresponsible?
Yes
38%
654 votes
No
21%
363 votes
Undecided
20%
348 votes
Not Applicable
21%
365 votes
Would your remove your dogs if a small child was playing in the dog park?
Yes
30%
516 votes
No
27%
464 votes
Undecided
17%
301 votes
Not Applicable
26%
449 votes
Since this is a fenced dog park, do you think this parent is being unfair to bring her small child?
Yes
44%
762 votes
No
17%
301 votes
Undecided
18%
310 votes
Not Applicable
21%
357 votes
What do you think?
  • na
  • watch the child closely if you must bring him or her
  • yuck, the child is playing in a very dirty area!
  • yes, because the child could get hurt since usually those parks are no need for having them on a leash.
  • not sure
  • i think the parent should take the child to a city park for kid's
  • maybe she does not know it is a dog park
  • it all depends on the child and the dogs
  • too much going on at the park for small kids
  • its coool
  • i just farted
  • omg. is she looking for her child to get bit?? it is called a dog park not a child park. someone should kick her out.
  • she seems to have no common sense! it is not a child's park, it's a dog park. i am sure there is probably an area right close by where she can take the dog and her child.
  • she is crazy
  • she wants to bring her kid she can. but she can't get mad if something happens due to it being a dog park.
  • is the kid bothering the dogs?
  • up to the parent really, but why risk a dog bite from any dog?
  • n/a
  • there is a good chance the child could get bit. she shouldn't bring her child to a dog park knowing that it is for dogs to run and play with their owners
  • she should find a park for kids
  • it depends on the age of the child & the situation. is the child responsible? is the child immature?
  • i think you are overreacting maybe the child enjoys being around dogs, who knows but i am sure it will not cause the child much if any harm.
  • the parent is an idiot
  • it depends really
  • the parent is a moron
  • ?
  • i would want to give dogs the benefit of the doubt around small children but if a dog did act unexpected it would do serious damage
  • trd
  • i think someone should tell the parent
  • fyufiygiughlfy
  • it depends how closely the child is being watched
  • na
  • a legal complaint should be filed.
  • nothing
  • n
  • why would she put her child in danger like that (plus dog poop,yuck) you are right to leave.
  • idk
  • chill!!!!
  • your kids do not belong in a dog park. i'm not going to resist my dog being destroyed because some moron can't handle their children.
  • the pet owner needs to watch there pet,
  • it depends, is the dogs friendly with children, and how do the children behave with dogs? my family had medium sized dogs when i was a very small child
  • maybe someone should tell her about this
  • the parents decide. also the dog walker. don't forget the risks.
  • n
  • good
  • not telling
  • n/a
  • n
  • no
  • it's a place for dogs and not for children who could get hurt.
  • i think that there are a lot of self- centered and irresponsible people out there.
  • no idea unless a park where her child could play is too far away, not available, etc. or she is just stupid. a dog park is very unsanitary for children
  • i am not sure if she has other arrangements for the baby.
  • she needs to get a hold on her child and her parenting skills.
  • n/a
  • no
  • n/a
  • she should be supervising her child so as to keep him/her safe
  • n
  • n/a
  • d
  • i don't know
  • they must think there child it a dog
  • n/a
  • more supervision is the key.
  • there are other parks where she can go
  • the dogs have messed all over the parent should know better.......leaving with the dog isnt going to take away all the messes and pee there.......to late........kid needs to leave.........common sence
  • who cares?
  • na
  • the parent is ignorant
  • i think that's not only unsanitary, but dangerous because dogs get rowdy and that is their place to go crazy.
  • i don;t know.
  • write someone.
  • someone needs to tell her 'hey, this is a dog park, so you will need to deal with it if you bring a kid here'.
  • it doesn't matter if there's kids there or not
  • om yt er i go e34&^54)1';.@#512497]
  • unfair
  • i think dog parks are silly and a waste of tax payers money. i take care of my dogs at home. why should i have to support a park for dogs?
  • ffgbcfgdfdf
  • dog park is for dogs take the toddler to your neighborhood park
  • n/a
  • fenced dog park, do you think this parent is being unfair to bring her small c
  • she is putting her small child in danger, not to mention how dirty the ground is from the dogs "doing their business" everywhere. not everyone cleans up after their dogs.
  • l
  • if she has a dog i think it's fine but if not then yes
  • its a dog park
  • it's her choice to put her child near large animals and risk one of them being agressive.
  • i would be worried that if the child got hurt that the mother would try and blame it on my dog.
  • don't have thoughts on this.
  • shouldn't your dog be okay with children? they could be anywhere not just a dog park. if you have an issue address it with your dog.
  • dogs should have parks too
  • in a way she is doing the wrong thing it is sorta dangerous
  • they do not need to be there only dog
  • a small child will be touching, and then taking home on his hands and feet, feces. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • ???
  • n/a
  • this mother is purposely wants her child play with dog, fun, however, the careful, responsibility within , the mother has duty to watch careful to her child in this dog park having such many dogs.
  • increasing the chance of a dog bite
  • b
  • yes u r correct
  • the parent can prevent anything from happening just by removing their child just to be save
  • na
  • if the children can handle dogs properly than it's okay
  • na
  • na
  • poop
  • none
  • as long as she watches her/him what does it matter. kids get into some stuff. the more you keep them the more it will make them sick.
  • n/a
  • the child probably has a better time with the dogs than with other kids.
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • small children are too unpredictable to be around strange dogs. i have a larger dog and i would leave the park also. i would feel better safe than sorry.
  • dog parks are for dogs not children
  • someone should tell her the park is for dogs. it's not sanitary to have a child in the area with dogs.
  • na
  • she is looking for trouble and then she's going to cry about all the stitches it took to put her child's face back together again!
  • i think it would be okay if she knew all the dogs were ok with kids but some dogs are ok with other dogs but not kids so she should take her child to another park.
  • the child could end up with some disease from the dog urine or feces if he is "playing in the dirt." remember most kids put their hands in their mouth no matter what is on them.
  • does she bring a dog too?
  • it would ultimately be the parent's fault if her retard child gets bitten, since it is a dog park.
  • i would not let my baby play at a dog park
  • not sure
  • dont know
  • stupid
  • now you have to worry about the kid also when you should be able to concentrate on your dogs only
  • someone should be in charge ie bylaw officer,dogs do bite
  • shes an ass
  • a dog park is for dogs and a play park is for children. by bringing her small child to a dog park she is opening up a window for potential disaster. there could be a dog there that doesn't like small children which could lead to a very unhappy ending for the child and dog.
  • na
  • maybe it's annoying for the child to be around but i don't think it's an extreme bother unless the dogs are not friendly with children
  • na
  • i think bringing a hild is fine just keep them in a stroller or in your arms
  • parents should not bring small children to a dog park.
  • if a parent wants to hae their child interact with other people's dogs, i don't see the harm in it.
  • jkljk
  • n/a
  • nothing
  • silly
  • na
  • na
  • it's a dog park-for dogs. they have public parks for kids. obviously she's bringing her child there to look at the dogs, but they should stay behind the fence, eventhough the child probably wants to interact. or they should just get a dog, unless a household member is allergic.
  • nothing
  • no opinion
  • things can be unpredictable
  • i think the parent should be watching her child more closely
  • odontkn
  • do not have children cannot answer
  • dogs and kids don't mix
  • it is gross to let the child play in a dog park
  • i've never been to a dog park who cares
  • none
  • i think it is safe for my baby outside the fenced. dog is animal, i do not understand what dogs thinking
  • about what?
  • as long as the child behaves there is no problem.
  • dangerous for the child, and interferes with the dogs being social with each other
  • not
  • its a dog park then should be for dogs only
  • if she's bringing her kid, then it's her responsibility
  • i am assuming she has a dog as well that she brings, not just brings her child. she may not have someone to leave the child with, or the child enjoys it a lot. however i would feel uncomfortable thinking i had to watch my dog 24/7 and be responsible if it for some reason growled at the kid.
  • maybe she needed time w/the child, too but eating and playing in the germ-riddled park is totally irresponsible
  • people have no common sense
  • i think someone needs to post a passive-aggressive note highlighting that it is a dog park, not a park for children. you shouldn't have to remove your dogs from their park because of an irresponsible mother.
  • na
  • bad move by this parent!
  • the mom is wrong
  • na
  • bad idea
  • none
  • why do you care if her kid's there?
  • n/o
  • didn't the parent see the dog parl sign?
  • n/a
  • ionm;,k
  • umm hello lady
  • security
  • na
  • stupid!
  • i am not sure what the exact problem is...is it unsafe for the child or is it unclean for the child? i need more specific information to give a complete opinion.
  • that this unfairly imposes a serious risk on other parents
  • don't go to dog parks
  • n/a
  • no opinion
  • what evs
  • she shouldn't be bringing a toddler to a dog park. it could get knocked down.
  • i bring my toddler to the off-leash park, but i always make sure that he is safe around the dogs. i understand it's my responsibility to keep him safe, not the other dog owners'. (although, i don't think aggressive or violent dogs should be allowed off-leash around anyone!)
  • depends
  • i love it
  • no
  • n/a
  • if it was a dog only park then yes...if it was public space that allowed dog...then no
  • the protection of the child has to be considered , but only the dog owner knows the dog and is aware of any problem before it occurs in this instance and therefore control the situation .....
  • n/a
  • it's their choice.
  • it shouldn't be done.
  • if the child was supervised that would be one thing, but don't just let your kid run around, especially around dogs that they don't know.
  • its for dogs no kids.
  • na
  • is she on foot? it might be the only nature-space she can walk to with her child. i would only leave if i knew i had an overly rambunctious dog.
  • the parent is going to do this unless she is confronted or when it is too late. then she is going to try and sue someone for the damages.
  • if the child isnt eating the dirt or grass because the dogs pee or poop there.its not a big deal. what about play grounds and every ones out door cat that they should have pee's or poops there ad also people walk their dogs there. your thinking to much into it
  • x
  • i have a rather large dog and he loves all children so i would not leave but some dogs are tempermental
Other Answers Percentage Votes
n/a 0.92% 16
na 0.87% 15
n 0.23% 4
nothing 0.17% 3
no 0.17% 3
none 0.17% 3
not sure 0.12% 2
no opinion 0.12% 2
watch the child closely if you must bring him or her 0.06% 1
yuck, the child is playing in a very dirty area! 0.06% 1
yes, because the child could get hurt since usually those parks are no need for having them on a leash. 0.06% 1
i think the parent should take the child to a city park for kid's 0.06% 1
maybe she does not know it is a dog park 0.06% 1
it all depends on the child and the dogs 0.06% 1
too much going on at the park for small kids 0.06% 1
its coool 0.06% 1
i just farted 0.06% 1
omg. is she looking for her child to get bit?? it is called a dog park not a child park. someone should kick her out. 0.06% 1
she seems to have no common sense! it is not a child's park, it's a dog park. i am sure there is probably an area right close by where she can take the dog and her child. 0.06% 1
she is crazy 0.06% 1
she wants to bring her kid she can. but she can't get mad if something happens due to it being a dog park. 0.06% 1
is the kid bothering the dogs? 0.06% 1
up to the parent really, but why risk a dog bite from any dog? 0.06% 1
there is a good chance the child could get bit. she shouldn't bring her child to a dog park knowing that it is for dogs to run and play with their owners 0.06% 1
she should find a park for kids 0.06% 1
it depends on the age of the child & the situation. is the child responsible? is the child immature? 0.06% 1
i think you are overreacting maybe the child enjoys being around dogs, who knows but i am sure it will not cause the child much if any harm. 0.06% 1
the parent is an idiot 0.06% 1
it depends really 0.06% 1
the parent is a moron 0.06% 1
? 0.06% 1
i would want to give dogs the benefit of the doubt around small children but if a dog did act unexpected it would do serious damage 0.06% 1
trd 0.06% 1
i think someone should tell the parent 0.06% 1
fyufiygiughlfy 0.06% 1
it depends how closely the child is being watched 0.06% 1
a legal complaint should be filed. 0.06% 1
why would she put her child in danger like that (plus dog poop,yuck) you are right to leave. 0.06% 1
idk 0.06% 1
chill!!!! 0.06% 1
your kids do not belong in a dog park. i'm not going to resist my dog being destroyed because some moron can't handle their children. 0.06% 1
the pet owner needs to watch there pet, 0.06% 1
it depends, is the dogs friendly with children, and how do the children behave with dogs? my family had medium sized dogs when i was a very small child 0.06% 1
maybe someone should tell her about this 0.06% 1
the parents decide. also the dog walker. don't forget the risks. 0.06% 1
good 0.06% 1
not telling 0.06% 1
it's a place for dogs and not for children who could get hurt. 0.06% 1
i think that there are a lot of self- centered and irresponsible people out there. 0.06% 1
no idea unless a park where her child could play is too far away, not available, etc. or she is just stupid. a dog park is very unsanitary for children 0.06% 1
i am not sure if she has other arrangements for the baby. 0.06% 1
she needs to get a hold on her child and her parenting skills. 0.06% 1
she should be supervising her child so as to keep him/her safe 0.06% 1
d 0.06% 1
i don't know 0.06% 1
they must think there child it a dog 0.06% 1
more supervision is the key. 0.06% 1
there are other parks where she can go 0.06% 1
the dogs have messed all over the parent should know better.......leaving with the dog isnt going to take away all the messes and pee there.......to late........kid needs to leave.........common sence 0.06% 1
who cares? 0.06% 1
the parent is ignorant 0.06% 1
i think that's not only unsanitary, but dangerous because dogs get rowdy and that is their place to go crazy. 0.06% 1
i don;t know. 0.06% 1
write someone. 0.06% 1
someone needs to tell her 'hey, this is a dog park, so you will need to deal with it if you bring a kid here'. 0.06% 1
it doesn't matter if there's kids there or not 0.06% 1
om yt er i go e34&^54)1';.@#512497] 0.06% 1
unfair 0.06% 1
i think dog parks are silly and a waste of tax payers money. i take care of my dogs at home. why should i have to support a park for dogs? 0.06% 1
ffgbcfgdfdf 0.06% 1
dog park is for dogs take the toddler to your neighborhood park 0.06% 1
fenced dog park, do you think this parent is being unfair to bring her small c 0.06% 1
she is putting her small child in danger, not to mention how dirty the ground is from the dogs "doing their business" everywhere. not everyone cleans up after their dogs. 0.06% 1
l 0.06% 1
if she has a dog i think it's fine but if not then yes 0.06% 1
its a dog park 0.06% 1
it's her choice to put her child near large animals and risk one of them being agressive. 0.06% 1
i would be worried that if the child got hurt that the mother would try and blame it on my dog. 0.06% 1
don't have thoughts on this. 0.06% 1
shouldn't your dog be okay with children? they could be anywhere not just a dog park. if you have an issue address it with your dog. 0.06% 1
dogs should have parks too 0.06% 1
in a way she is doing the wrong thing it is sorta dangerous 0.06% 1
they do not need to be there only dog 0.06% 1
a small child will be touching, and then taking home on his hands and feet, feces. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 0.06% 1
??? 0.06% 1
this mother is purposely wants her child play with dog, fun, however, the careful, responsibility within , the mother has duty to watch careful to her child in this dog park having such many dogs. 0.06% 1
increasing the chance of a dog bite 0.06% 1
b 0.06% 1
yes u r correct 0.06% 1
the parent can prevent anything from happening just by removing their child just to be save 0.06% 1
if the children can handle dogs properly than it's okay 0.06% 1
poop 0.06% 1
44 0.06% 1
as long as she watches her/him what does it matter. kids get into some stuff. the more you keep them the more it will make them sick. 0.06% 1
the child probably has a better time with the dogs than with other kids. 0.06% 1
small children are too unpredictable to be around strange dogs. i have a larger dog and i would leave the park also. i would feel better safe than sorry. 0.06% 1
dog parks are for dogs not children 0.06% 1
someone should tell her the park is for dogs. it's not sanitary to have a child in the area with dogs. 0.06% 1
she is looking for trouble and then she's going to cry about all the stitches it took to put her child's face back together again! 0.06% 1
i think it would be okay if she knew all the dogs were ok with kids but some dogs are ok with other dogs but not kids so she should take her child to another park. 0.06% 1
the child could end up with some disease from the dog urine or feces if he is "playing in the dirt." remember most kids put their hands in their mouth no matter what is on them. 0.06% 1
does she bring a dog too? 0.06% 1
it would ultimately be the parent's fault if her retard child gets bitten, since it is a dog park. 0.06% 1
i would not let my baby play at a dog park 0.06% 1
dont know 0.06% 1
stupid 0.06% 1
now you have to worry about the kid also when you should be able to concentrate on your dogs only 0.06% 1
someone should be in charge ie bylaw officer,dogs do bite 0.06% 1
shes an ass 0.06% 1
a dog park is for dogs and a play park is for children. by bringing her small child to a dog park she is opening up a window for potential disaster. there could be a dog there that doesn't like small children which could lead to a very unhappy ending for the child and dog. 0.06% 1
maybe it's annoying for the child to be around but i don't think it's an extreme bother unless the dogs are not friendly with children 0.06% 1
i think bringing a hild is fine just keep them in a stroller or in your arms 0.06% 1
parents should not bring small children to a dog park. 0.06% 1
if a parent wants to hae their child interact with other people's dogs, i don't see the harm in it. 0.06% 1
jkljk 0.06% 1
silly 0.06% 1
it's a dog park-for dogs. they have public parks for kids. obviously she's bringing her child there to look at the dogs, but they should stay behind the fence, eventhough the child probably wants to interact. or they should just get a dog, unless a household member is allergic. 0.06% 1
things can be unpredictable 0.06% 1
i think the parent should be watching her child more closely 0.06% 1
odontkn 0.06% 1
do not have children cannot answer 0.06% 1
dogs and kids don't mix 0.06% 1
it is gross to let the child play in a dog park 0.06% 1
i've never been to a dog park who cares 0.06% 1
i think it is safe for my baby outside the fenced. dog is animal, i do not understand what dogs thinking 0.06% 1
about what? 0.06% 1
as long as the child behaves there is no problem. 0.06% 1
dangerous for the child, and interferes with the dogs being social with each other 0.06% 1
not 0.06% 1
its a dog park then should be for dogs only 0.06% 1
if she's bringing her kid, then it's her responsibility 0.06% 1
i am assuming she has a dog as well that she brings, not just brings her child. she may not have someone to leave the child with, or the child enjoys it a lot. however i would feel uncomfortable thinking i had to watch my dog 24/7 and be responsible if it for some reason growled at the kid. 0.06% 1
maybe she needed time w/the child, too but eating and playing in the germ-riddled park is totally irresponsible 0.06% 1
people have no common sense 0.06% 1
i think someone needs to post a passive-aggressive note highlighting that it is a dog park, not a park for children. you shouldn't have to remove your dogs from their park because of an irresponsible mother. 0.06% 1
bad move by this parent! 0.06% 1
the mom is wrong 0.06% 1
bad idea 0.06% 1
0 0.06% 1
why do you care if her kid's there? 0.06% 1
n/o 0.06% 1
didn't the parent see the dog parl sign? 0.06% 1
ionm;,k 0.06% 1
umm hello lady 0.06% 1
security 0.06% 1
stupid! 0.06% 1
i am not sure what the exact problem is...is it unsafe for the child or is it unclean for the child? i need more specific information to give a complete opinion. 0.06% 1
that this unfairly imposes a serious risk on other parents 0.06% 1
don't go to dog parks 0.06% 1
what evs 0.06% 1
she shouldn't be bringing a toddler to a dog park. it could get knocked down. 0.06% 1
i bring my toddler to the off-leash park, but i always make sure that he is safe around the dogs. i understand it's my responsibility to keep him safe, not the other dog owners'. (although, i don't think aggressive or violent dogs should be allowed off-leash around anyone!) 0.06% 1
depends 0.06% 1
i love it 0.06% 1
if it was a dog only park then yes...if it was public space that allowed dog...then no 0.06% 1
the protection of the child has to be considered , but only the dog owner knows the dog and is aware of any problem before it occurs in this instance and therefore control the situation ..... 0.06% 1
it's their choice. 0.06% 1
it shouldn't be done. 0.06% 1
if the child was supervised that would be one thing, but don't just let your kid run around, especially around dogs that they don't know. 0.06% 1
its for dogs no kids. 0.06% 1
is she on foot? it might be the only nature-space she can walk to with her child. i would only leave if i knew i had an overly rambunctious dog. 0.06% 1
the parent is going to do this unless she is confronted or when it is too late. then she is going to try and sue someone for the damages. 0.06% 1
if the child isnt eating the dirt or grass because the dogs pee or poop there.its not a big deal. what about play grounds and every ones out door cat that they should have pee's or poops there ad also people walk their dogs there. your thinking to much into it 0.06% 1
x 0.06% 1
i have a rather large dog and he loves all children so i would not leave but some dogs are tempermental 0.06% 1
COMMENTS