Rewards
Walmart logo
Amazon logo
PayPal logo
Amazon gift card
Take surveys and collect rewards from the industry-leading e-commerce website, Amazon.com, Via "amazon gift cards". The more you take or create survey, larger the amazon gift card you earn.

Results: Handling Difficult Students

Published on 05/29/2013
By: jakejake
Best Survey May 2013
What is the main reason you think students act up in class?
Issues related to their home environment or upbringing
49%
1232 votes
The teacher is bad at classroom management
18%
458 votes
The student is covering up for not being able to do the work
23%
577 votes
Other (please add your comments below)
11%
271 votes
Additional Comments
  • bad behavior in a kid
  • i really dont know
  • all of the above.
  • ba
  • showing off
  • n/a
  • attention
  • na
  • no idea
  • adhd issue perhaps too?
  • n/a
  • combination of above factors
  • could be all kinds of various reasons.
  • there are a number of reasons why, it isn't just one thing
  • it could be all the above or none of the above
  • ignorant
  • all of the above
  • each person is different, works to easy, not enough sleep, plain lack of interest
  • for attention
  • could be anything.
  • all of these reason could be true
  • could be a variety of reasons.
  • all of the above
  • teacher should have control, but this is sometimes hard to do with a student that has family problems
  • to get attention
  • bored
  • boredom
  • c
  • they are brats and are not disciplined at home.
  • could be all of the above
  • for attention
  • this could be a combination of many different things but most of the time it is seeking attention.
  • not raised right at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • there is no main reason!!! i was a teacher...each student is different but usually it is a combination of all those things...
  • just wanting attention, the clown of the class
  • a little bit of all of the above
  • wow
  • all of the above
  • multiple reasons
  • no "main" reason.
  • it's probably a combination of all of the above. personally, i was frustrated all the time because the teacher would often have everyone work at the same pace as the dumbest kids in class. it was a lot of sitting around and waiting for the idiots to catch up.
  • bad teaching
  • na
  • could be all ofb the above
  • all the above. it depends on the student and the teacher.
  • could be any of the above
  • n/a
  • every kid is different. it's a terrible idea to lump them all together
  • the parents
  • wants attention
  • na
  • no
  • all of the above
  • boredom
  • no
  • boredom
  • boredom
  • i think it could be a matter of the home environment/upbringing, a bad teacher, not being able to do the work, or even bullying
  • bored in class or hate school
  • na
  • it depends on the kid doesn't it?
  • n/a
  • either peers acting up thinking its funny and they do it for attention or they are too over stressed and taking it out in classroom setting
  • not applicable
  • it depends
  • n/a
  • no
  • pent up energy, unstimulating environment
  • possibly because they are extremely insecure and feel by acting out they are someone!
  • not getting enough exercise
  • teachers need to stop being so serious about every single thing.
  • not interested in the subject
  • either a or they don't understand it or are bored because it is to easy for them.
  • depends on the scenario and the student.
  • bored
  • lack of respect
  • the students are prisoners and you wonder why they're not happy...?
  • na
  • none
  • i am a teachers aide and i think it's a combination of many reasons
  • kid is smarter than the rest of them and gets bored with the work they already know
  • various
  • all of the above
  • none
  • all of the above
  • they're bored.
  • show off
  • boring,........and no discipline.
  • they are trying to be funny.
  • na
  • none
  • many factors come into play
  • because they are kids and have a lot of energy and it's unrealistic to stick them in a room and expect them to sit all day without expending some energy.
  • for attention.
  • m
  • nhfhfhfhfhhf
  • they are bored.
  • they are bored and looking for excitement
  • na
  • n/a
  • trying to get attention
  • all
  • sdsa
  • all or any of the above or more
  • maybe the student is at fault
  • all the above
  • trying to show off get attention
  • just because they can
  • boredom
  • na
  • n/a
  • it could be a little of all the above
  • any number of things: adhd, kid wants attention, disrupts the class to keep from having to answer questions, etc....
  • more than one reason surely, depoends on the student.
  • many times students are bored and/or uninterested
  • seek attention
  • most of the time its so his peers see him acting out so he is thought to be cool .
  • attention
  • nothing
  • na
  • na
  • the way they express themselves because they are unable to express themselves in that manner at home.
  • behavior problems
  • ,.hjj
  • na
  • teachers don't have respect from students; some don't deserve respect some kids don't know what respect even is
  • sometimes it's just due to wanting to be acknowledged; someone knows me, someone sees me; someone will react to me.
  • kids are just being kids
  • kids are naturally rebellious.
  • n/a
  • teenagers are social beings, they're more concerned with entertaining themselves and their friends than they are with learning the curriculum
  • none
  • n/a
  • bored
  • boredom
  • maybe the child has add, and has not been diagnosed properly
  • no
  • probably a multitude of reasons
  • some kids act out purely for attention not realizing what they are doing.
  • children that confused and dont get what they need at home are more likely to act out in school
  • the student is just pushing the envelope
  • all of the above
  • all of the above, and attention seeking
  • it is a combination of several factors, not just one.
  • they feel like it
  • trying to be funny or impress others
  • the student is not interested in the material being presented and also is unable to do the work
  • school being an inefficient learning method
  • it can be due to numerous things, not just one.
  • too complex to answer here
  • ya
  • the reasons are as varied as the students that act up. you can't give one specific reason for this kind of behavior.
  • children cannot be punished by parent or risk arrest for disciplining.
  • none
  • show off in front of friends
  • there's many reasons
  • na
  • bored
  • depends on the student and the teacher.
  • could be any of the above
  • teachers are not cognizant of their wrong methods because of extreme bias
  • ?
  • bored
  • they hate school as i did and a lot of what they are studying they will not use i n their life.
  • na
  • unsure
  • maybe they are looking for attention
  • boredom
  • also could be a conflict with the teacher.
  • boredom
  • they are bored
  • all of the above
  • all the above
  • i believe it is a combination of many things...home life, teachers are powerless. there are no consequences so what does it matter if they misbehave??
  • none
  • just being kids
  • it is a combination of things, including but not limited to: home, peer pressure, lack of education at an earlier level and some kids are just plain silly and want to cause trouble.
  • all of the above
  • all those are dumb. students act out because they do not want to be at school or in class.
  • disinterest, peer pressure and no respect for the teacher or board of education.
  • they're just immature and haven't grasped what school means for them in the future, how it will impact them. and they don't realize how foolish they seem. and they're having fun doing it, making friends for being outrageous, feel tough, empowered, rebellious. it's worse nowadays of course.
  • na
  • attention--either positive or negative, it's still attention
  • the student is bored in school perhaps the work is not challenging enough or the teacher is boring
  • na
  • undecided
  • n/o
  • home issues and noncaring teachers.
  • i have no idea what the most common reason would be.
  • n/a
  • ggg
  • na
  • no idea
  • spare the rod spoil the child!
  • i think it depends on the kid. probably a lot of it is just to get attention from their peers in an effort to build self esteem.
  • home environment, or more so parental attitudes, is still a huge factor though
  • none
  • parents not teaching kids better.
  • i think it depends on the situation
  • lack of parent interest & lack of christian values taken out of school .
  • no
  • could be any of the above, or maybe they just like the attention.
  • reacting out of boredom or in need of attention / showing off in front of thier fellow classmates .....
  • sdgfdr
  • lack of resoect for elders
  • all of the above
  • the parents are both wodrking, there is only one parent in home.
  • all of the above
  • boredom
  • kids hate school. now why is that? why not address that issue?
  • no single reason
  • any of the above, and some people just have no desire to become educated, they think the world is just a place to get what you want and do very little work for it
  • just trying to get attention
  • no idea
  • all three reasons are being used at one time or another and it depends on the child itself as to which one is used and when it is used.
  • attention.
  • dont know
  • na
  • examples and consequences should be used to make surea child act. take away and not reward bad behavior.
  • all of the above to various degrees, but not being able to do the work > produces extreme levels of shame.
  • need attention
  • attention
  • all of the above
  • all of the above
  • teachers have no control over the students any more like they used to
  • because they can get away with it. teachers no longer are allowed to discipline brats. and parentsdon't discipline their children anymore due to fear of repercussions.
  • some have learning and behaviour problems.
  • the student is wanting to show off/get acceptance from his/her friends/classmates.
  • problaly he got bored with the material and need something to challengen him
  • class clown
  • bored
  • i think they get bored
  • no
  • health issues/ miss diagnoses of illness
  • show off
  • both points 1 and 2.
  • none
  • done with work become bored
  • as well as having add, adhd, and other problems. also with technological advances it has led students to turn more to their devices-ipads, iphones, smartphones, games, rather than do homework.
  • i think every student "acts up" for there own reasons. no two student or issues are the same.
  • wanting attention, to be seen by the other people in his / her class
  • kids are kids they all act up at one point or another
  • it feels good to make people laugh and be bad in front of you friends
  • boredom
  • i think a lot of students may actually be bored.
  • some kids act out when they're board.
  • lessons are boring - environment is uncomfortable eg having to sit still all day or too hot or cold - students dawning that the education system is really just a detention centre
  • i think it is too hard to pin a primary reason.... there are too many children that act up...
  • na
  • attention. it's all about self-esteem and needing attention.
  • the government has taken the teachers' right to control their classrooms. they also have taken the parenting away from parents. kids know this and misbehave because there are no consequences for their behavior.
  • nothing
  • students feel too many pressures that they are not equipt to handle.
  • !
  • i think there are a lot of different reasons. they are showing off , trying to be big , sometimes the way they are treated and talked to makes them feel insesure
  • he/she craves attention
  • students act out for all the reasons above and the reasons can change day to day, but lack of good food to start the day and a home environment that is pro school makes it very easy and acceptable for children to act out rather than they and their parent facing facts when it comes down to their need
  • boredom
  • na
  • actually it could be all of the answers but i do know that the first answer sure does happen!
  • partially home environment but also partially individual peronality. some people just like stirring up trouble.
  • brats who haven't been made aware of an arsekicking!!
  • combination, depends on student
  • no
  • it is what most kids do. they are ansty.
  • any and or all pf the above
  • to get attention
  • all of the above - depends on each child
  • they're stupid
  • none
  • bored to death! teachers don't make learning fun and since they have to teach to test, the material is awful too!
  • they are bored with either the subject or the teacher.
  • none
  • ;
  • kids are just not taught respect any more.
  • undicided
  • boredom
  • they are also covering up the fact that they can't do the work either.
  • i think it has to do with a little bit of everything said above
  • any of the above
  • na
  • lots of reasons
  • a little of all of it
  • many reasons
  • it could be anything - kids act up that is what they do. sometimes it stems from something else but they are antsy.
  • the kids parent let then get by with thing and their up kept wasnet good at home that why the kids are useed gun in school
  • no
  • combination of things-attention, boredom, sensoqry issues, bad teacher, personal issues...
  • youth
  • there are lots of reasons: like some want attention, others need something that they are afraid to talk about, some have a problem that they need help with, some kids come from broken homes and they might just need an ear to talk too. just think of all the things kids have to decide for themselves.
  • the stuent is bored and is looking for something to do something more challening
  • conflict with other kid
  • there is no one main reason. each student is an individual. the problem could be different each time a child acts up.
  • all of the above
  • attention
  • because they think they can and their parents, the teacher and the school administration can't do anything.
  • all of the above
  • issues, but not necessarily related to upbringing. could have been a recess argument.
  • could be one of many issues
  • combination of issues.
  • n/a
  • depends on the situation. i had friends who actd out cuz they had problems at home. i also had teachers who wuldn't help me bcuz i culdn't understand. they wuld explain a couple times then i still didn't get it so they ignored me nd failed me. my math teacher ignored me talked 2 sum1 about vacation.
  • they just want too.
  • boredom
  • the students want attention
  • the authority has been taken away from teachers/parents/police. society is going to hell . there is no discipline, children do not have consequences to answer to , so they do what they want, when they want. todays children are a disgrace.
  • sometimes very bright students act out due to boredom
  • growing up in michigan, not only was i an outcast, but i was one of the few white kids in the school...worst experience of my entire life.
  • bored
  • all of the above
  • attention
  • may because the teacher doesn't really care
  • i used to be a teacher and it's a combination of several things but it always starts in the home. if they aren't disciplined at home and aren't taught how to properly show respect, they act out more in class. it could just be that the work is not challenging enough for the student or...
  • i think students act up because they don't get their own way and they are spoiled or badly treated at home
  • i taught my children to respect their elders and to be polite.
  • osjf
  • all of the answers are possible.
  • kids have not been told no, they think they are owed something, alot of them do not have respect and i'm sure treat their parents bad too
  • these days children and young people do not respect authority
  • parents don't teach their kids to behave.
  • attention
  • no pe in schools
  • teachers are not allowed to discipline the students, and the students know it
  • i feel students act up for 2 reasons they want attention or maybe something is going on in there life
  • trying to act cool in front of other students.
  • the first and second reasons are both equal reasons in my opinion.
  • poor behavior is directly related to the disappearance of the good, old-fashioned american ass whipping.
  • boredom
  • i feel that sometimes they are not being challenged in class
  • all of the above
  • n/a
  • bored
  • showing off
  • this is a very intricate question and would depend on a number of factors, one should never put or place any student or person in a particular package. all are unique and have unique answers.
  • most of the time the child is very smart and bored
  • want attention
  • many different things
  • could be for an infinite number of reasons
  • all of them could be factors in this !
  • combination of all the above...need their butt busted at home.
  • all of these are contributing factors in a childs classroom behavior
  • they're bored.
  • all of the above...
  • a combination of home life, the teacher, the classmates, the student's work ethnic/personality
  • bored
  • i think it could be both the home enviroment, at times and the classroom at others.
Were you a trouble maker in high school?
I was the teacher's worst nightmare.
7%
178 votes
Teacher's pet here!
36%
905 votes
I was great or awful, depending on my mood and the teacher.
29%
735 votes
N/A
23%
586 votes
Other (please specify)
5%
134 votes
Additional comments.
  • na
  • i was far too shy back then to be any kind of a trouble maker.
  • na
  • school was the only peace i ever had.
  • some have poor study habits.
  • cd
  • i was actually voted teacher's pet in my senior year.
  • from the age of 14,i knew that i wanted to enlist in the military when school was complete.i did everything that i could to learn about the government of the united states & the history of as many countries as i could.
  • lol
  • none
  • parents need to learn how to parent, and stop blaming society
  • no
  • \no
  • n/a
  • no never got into trouble did best in classes i liked ok in other ones. i was kinda more shy though in school
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • i was normally pretty good for the most part - regardless of my mood and or teacher.
  • i dislike most teachers who aren't laid back
  • na
  • none
  • no
  • m
  • ffffffff
  • n/a
  • lol
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • my teachers were jerks by todays standards most would be fired .
  • nothing
  • na
  • na
  • bn
  • na
  • i was not a trouble maker in school
  • none
  • n/a
  • mo
  • none
  • i was very quiet
  • no
  • the teacher's worst nightmare of the students (and me too)
  • na
  • i was valedictorian in high school and magnate cum laude in college.
  • ?
  • teachers pet
  • none
  • na
  • na
  • n/o
  • n/a
  • hhhg
  • really though i made a few teachers lose their jobs. and competed nationally in debate...
  • none
  • im homeschooled
  • none .......
  • saftrdhg
  • i was known to respond to mistreatment by a couple of teachers even though i had high academic marks
  • not a trouble maker but had my share of fun, tryed not to disrupt the classes to often
  • i was a quiet and obedient student no matter the teacher i had.
  • no
  • none
  • ha ha no
  • drugs make for a hell of a time
  • na
  • igiu
  • i was a great citizen but a very average student.
  • na
  • i loved school.
  • no
  • always good
  • none
  • none
  • i regret it..
  • i was a good student and never had to do homework because i did it at school.:)
  • i was better then that
  • no
  • good student
  • my 1st week i was scared 2 raise my hand. i said i don't get it, he said what part i said all of it. he said i just explained everything. what is dont u get? i said i'm listening but it just goes straight through like i'm not, he showed cuz i'm a visual learnr just like him. so he used boxes 2 teach
  • i hate school
  • was an a and b student and on the honor rolls
  • na
  • i seemed to be a scapegoat most days at school and though i never did anything terrible, i was always doing the tiny little annoying things and mostly being sarcastic with annoying catch-phrases and such.
  • i was your average student
  • kjvfd
  • i did what i was told the first time, and right away, not 5 minutes later
  • always good!
Other Answers Percentage Votes
no 0.59% 15
0.35% 9
shy 0.08% 2
good student 0.08% 2
ok student, depended on teacher 0.04% 1
not teacher's pet, but not a trouble maker either 0.04% 1
i was ok but was not teachers pet 0.04% 1
always respectful 0.04% 1
on occassion 0.04% 1
no i wasn't 0.04% 1
good kid 0.04% 1
i was quiet when i was there 0.04% 1
i behaved myself 0.04% 1
i was taught by my parents to respect my teachers. i was quiet and obedient 0.04% 1
no, my parents would have whip my crazy if i would have misbehaved in school 0.04% 1
i was not a trouble maker but i did like to have fun when it was appropriate. 0.04% 1
i was a normal, respectful student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0.04% 1
other 0.04% 1
i wasn't a teacher's pet, but they all loved me because i never needed help and would help other students with their work. 0.04% 1
i wasn't a teacher's pet but i wasn't poorly behaved at all. terrible options. 0.04% 1
i wasn't a teachets pet, but i was shy and quiet. 0.04% 1
i was easily distracted and talked too much! yahaa! 0.04% 1
i was an average student 0.04% 1
no i was good 0.04% 1
sometimes 0.04% 1
t 0.04% 1
more of a wallflower 0.04% 1
i was not a trouble maker and very quiet. 0.04% 1
strict parents would not allow any acting up. 0.04% 1
i was not a problem 0.04% 1
i blended in with other students. not a troublemaker whatsoever; i feared what my parent would do to me 0.04% 1
i hated the high school i went to 0.04% 1
too afraid to act up for fear of punishment when i got home. 0.04% 1
never in trouble 0.04% 1
i was a good kid overall. i did skip some classes and smart off occasionally due to home life. 0.04% 1
talkative at times thats all 0.04% 1
not a trouble maker, do the duties shall be , carry on through. would it support to be not be a trouble makers? the discipline a key . 0.04% 1
i was a good student but not the teachers pet. 0.04% 1
in my puberty years, i was awful. in high school i was quiet but had poor attendance 0.04% 1
i did good in school but skipped most days 0.04% 1
i behaved 0.04% 1
i wass okay 0.04% 1
never gave anyone trouble 0.04% 1
no.... i was practically invisible and loved it (after being the scapegoat of jr. high) 0.04% 1
i wa a good steady quiet student but not the teacher's pet 0.04% 1
i was a good student 0.04% 1
not teacher's pet but also not a trouble maker 0.04% 1
i was average 0.04% 1
i did not understand alot and the class rooms were so full i felt that i did not get enough attention so i tended to skip alot. 0.04% 1
shy,no problem at school 0.04% 1
i was a well behaved girl 0.04% 1
i blended into the background. i never misbehaved. 0.04% 1
basicsally good 0.04% 1
i was just an average student 0.04% 1
? 0.04% 1
i was invisible 0.04% 1
always nice and quiet 0.04% 1
i was no trouble maker but i wasn't teacher's pet 0.04% 1
no. 0.04% 1
i left them alone they left me alone 0.04% 1
no a teacher's pet. but never disobeyed anything and got great grades. don't need to suck up to do that 0.04% 1
hidden in the shuffle 0.04% 1
i was agreat high school student with great friends and teachers 0.04% 1
not a pet, but i listened well 0.04% 1
not a trouble maker 0.04% 1
i was homeschooled... trouble-making wasn't much of an option. 0.04% 1
i was great 0.04% 1
i kept quiet most of the time 0.04% 1
just regular 0.04% 1
i was pretty mellow in my class room days ....... 0.04% 1
no i was not. 0.04% 1
depends 0.04% 1
i was come 0.04% 1
i was very quiet 0.04% 1
i was quiet and shy 0.04% 1
never got caught being bad. lol 0.04% 1
just a normal student 0.04% 1
i just didn't do the homework 0.04% 1
not the teachers pet but didn't bother anyone. 0.04% 1
just average shy, quiet kid. 0.04% 1
acted up once in a while 0.04% 1
drop out 0.04% 1
i was in the shadows 0.04% 1
good-quiet 0.04% 1
! 0.04% 1
i was a "fade into the woodwork type" 0.04% 1
i was respectful of staff and fellow students and average 0.04% 1
my parents would have taken care of me at home for being disrespectful at school or anywhere else for that matter. 0.04% 1
i was quiet and just watched the troublemakers act up. 0.04% 1
i was perfectly behaved, but that didn't cause the teacher to make me his/her pet. 0.04% 1
no, not at all! 0.04% 1
i had my momments 0.04% 1
i was'nt a bad kid but i did get into a little trouble every now and then 0.04% 1
neither teachers' pet or awful 0.04% 1
quiet, neither a teachers pet nor trouble maker 0.04% 1
i was a quiet person and read most of time lol. 0.04% 1
i sleep all the time but made great grades 0.04% 1
i was a smart ass 0.04% 1
just an average unnoticeable student 0.04% 1
i switched schools. like i said, no teachers would help me. for my senior year i went to an alternative school. i made up 16 credits in one yr thats about 3 yrs of credits. and my school was only .5 days. my math teacher, way better. 0.04% 1
i followed orders/did my classwork . 0.04% 1
my moother taught me to speak when i was called on. period 0.04% 1
i was quiet 0.04% 1
never awful mostly pretty good 0.04% 1
i wasn't a teacher's pet, i was just a good, smart student. 0.04% 1
i wasn't a angel but i definitely was not a troublemaker 0.04% 1
good student, but not teacher's pet. 0.04% 1
no, just an average kid, that sometimes the teacher didn't like because we were from a big family 0.04% 1
fir the most part i followed the rules 0.04% 1
what 0.04% 1
What is the best way to handle disruptive students?
Give them strong clear consequences (take away class privileges).
32%
802 votes
Send them to the principal so the rest of the class can learn without disruptions.
20%
495 votes
Offer to help or tutor them outside of the regular school day.
14%
355 votes
Go out of your way to make friends with them.
8%
194 votes
Call the parent to let them know there is a discipline problem.
16%
410 votes
Bribe (or reward) them for good behavior.
6%
143 votes
Other (please specify)
5%
139 votes
Additional comments
  • na
  • n/a
  • na
  • hated those kids in school---some were outright bullies too!
  • again, there are a number of things that must be done, but being supportive is imperative.
  • if it continues remove them permanently.
  • and reward good behavior, set up list of goals
  • meh
  • any type of strong punishment rarely works well & most of the time it creates a bitterness in the person being punished.
  • tbh
  • if i was a teacher and a student was disrupting my class, i would call their parents and tell them that the student wasn't allowed back into class until they get their act together. why waste my time and the other students' time (who actually want to learn)
  • kick them ouf
  • get to the root of the problem and treat it there
  • no
  • it all comes down to the up bringing
  • no
  • no
  • depends on the situation
  • n/a
  • i think best way is to treat them like an adult but knock part of the grade down each time it happens so that they learn not to do that in class. if they are being constantly disruptive to other students kick them out of the class and have them require to take a different class.
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • no
  • its the only option that would actually do anything
  • na
  • none
  • a clear /strong discipline shall be voicing out to that person.
  • m
  • fsssdsfsewsfwdwd
  • maybe send them to the counselor
  • lmfao
  • n/a
  • some parents dont care, they need to remove from class
  • n/a
  • none
  • lack of punishment in schools is part of the problem now days i say bring back the rods and start busting hands.
  • praise them for anything you can find that they are doing right. it works! they love the praise and will try to do better to get more praise.
  • nothing
  • na
  • na
  • klkl
  • nope
  • n/a
  • none
  • n/a
  • no
  • no
  • none
  • no
  • punch them in the face.
  • depends on the student
  • na
  • none
  • na
  • make them do kp
  • ?
  • i will ask this student what they think about my class
  • stick to rules from day 1.
  • depends on the situation, either make stronger consequences or contact the parents.
  • kick them out of class and punish them
  • not everyone learns the same way, maybe that child is a hands on learner,,,oh well, too bad, that is not how we teach. all teachers need to connect with each and every student. there is a way and it would make the biggest impact to that odd child out. as a teacher it is easy to teach the perfect
  • none
  • all or any of the above.
  • teachers that can relate to the kids, be friendly with them- often have a better chance of avoiding kids acting up. it happens less often, and it can be easier for the teacher to reason with them. younger teachers are usually better at this.
  • na
  • na
  • n/o
  • n/a
  • gfghh
  • can no longer do much of anything to these children. teachers hands are tied, as they can no longer use corporal punishment here in sc. such a shame and what a waste of children!!!
  • offering to tutor and help is still very important
  • none
  • donno
  • none
  • gfhdyt
  • bribe? lol
  • i really do not have an answer for this one
  • i think that if you tell the student what is expected of them from the beginning and be firm and follow through with the rules that you have set forth most students will abide with them .
  • na
  • just hit random buttons for 1 point survey. not worth my time to read.
  • some or all of the above
  • no
  • no
  • no
  • depends on the age
  • teachers need to acknowledge that school can be boring and see if they can find a way to gain student's co-operation - not see it so much as a them/me situation
  • na
  • oij
  • be willing to stand up to disruptive parents as well
  • clear and consistent consequences are critical for all students, and staff and parents, but they also need to know that a mistake is not the end. making time to help them understand or learn a lesson needs to be available if the person was removed from the original learning situation due to behavior
  • na
  • and follow up.
  • no
  • create motivating and interesting lessons.
  • none
  • also, if it really is too much, i suggest parental and principal involvement.
  • i think most just want attention for whatever reason. i think if you act like they are not there, they will quit. this will also need help from the students in the class.
  • n/a
  • no
  • then if their was one more i would send them to another teachers class who teaches the same subject.
  • make these students feel like a useful part of the class. ask for special help from them or encourage to work on projects with other students.
  • try to get to know them to find out what is really wrong to cause the bad actions.
  • na
  • i would add to "give them strong clear consequences" by saying it's all about routines and procedures and attaching consequences to these routines and procedures the very first day, there is no reason to have disruptive behavior.
  • these days with both parents having to work and single parent homes children are being rasied by daycares or not at all in some cases. it is really hard for single parents that do not have family for backup or a job that they need to put food on the table that keeps them away.
  • ,rmfadsioj
  • depends on the situation and the child.
  • bust their butts
Other Answers Percentage Votes
0.67% 17
na 0.39% 10
n/a 0.16% 4
no idea 0.12% 3
all of the above 0.12% 3
? 0.08% 2
depends 0.08% 2
not sure 0.08% 2
depnds on the circumstance each time 0.04% 1
depends on the student and what the problem is. 0.04% 1
get the book the explosive child and that will help 0.04% 1
........... 0.04% 1
involve them 0.04% 1
none 0.04% 1
call the parents in for a meeting & then call the student in to be a part of this meeting. 0.04% 1
each situation is different 0.04% 1
other 0.04% 1
the majority of students don't act up if you make the class fun and interesting. 0.04% 1
find out the problem 0.04% 1
call the parents 0.04% 1
no idea. i'm not a teacher 0.04% 1
give them the paddle! 0.04% 1
knock part of the grade down each time it happens 0.04% 1
n 0.04% 1
figure out how they learn, and teach them that way. classroom settings aren't for everybody 0.04% 1
i think i would need to know more about a student. 0.04% 1
let them entertain their selves as long as they do not bother others. 0.04% 1
give them extra attn; partner them with another student 0.04% 1
give them more difficult work to do if they already know what you are teaching 0.04% 1
beat them 0.04% 1
noidea 0.04% 1
depends on how the disruptions are occuring. 0.04% 1
many of the above depending on the problem. 0.04% 1
make earning fun. 0.04% 1
.. 0.04% 1
teachers tried expelling for weeks at a time andcalling my parents but still didnt work 0.04% 1
case by case basis 0.04% 1
don't know 0.04% 1
stand out side of the classroom till class is over then talk to teachers 0.04% 1
remove them 0.04% 1
speak to them one on one, find out why they are acting out 0.04% 1
i think it would have to depend on the reason they are misbehaving. different disciplines fit in different situations. 0.04% 1
try to talk with the student and see if there is anything they need or how to make it better for them. 0.04% 1
discipline in front of class 0.04% 1
beat him bloody and when someone questions your actions beat them to. 0.04% 1
praise 0.04% 1
several of the above answers 0.04% 1
depends on the child 0.04% 1
handle it after class the first time 0.04% 1
punch them in the mouth. 0.04% 1
again this depends on the student. discipline has to be fit to the individual students misbehavior. 0.04% 1
a-b-c and e is my answer 0.04% 1
whip that unruley ass 0.04% 1
depends on the child and the degree of disruption 0.04% 1
community service 0.04% 1
let talk 0.04% 1
turn their disruptiveness into something useful. maybe direct it towards the subject that's being taught and get them into it, if possible. challenge them. 0.04% 1
remove them from school and put them in a factory. 0.04% 1
talk to them see what their issue is than go from there 0.04% 1
understand them. 0.04% 1
all or any of the above 0.04% 1
undecided 0.04% 1
i don't know. probably depends on why they are being disruptive in the first place. 0.04% 1
first 5 0.04% 1
expel them. 0.04% 1
have a one on one talk with them and try to get to the root of their behavior. 0.04% 1
spanking ! 0.04% 1
don't know. 0.04% 1
find the source of the disruption and address that (are they bored? too confused? too distracted? dealing with hunger?) 0.04% 1
all of them (except for the bribing), depending on the situation 0.04% 1
find out why disruptive 0.04% 1
seperate them from other students 0.04% 1
make clear what is expected of them 0.04% 1
ask their parents to home school them 0.04% 1
a combination of helping outside of class and setting consequences. 0.04% 1
seek professional help - teachers are not doctors or therapists 0.04% 1
i don't know. 0.04% 1
repect students and they will respect you back. also clear instruction and rules. 0.04% 1
follow classroom code of conducts and consequences accordingly 0.04% 1
discuss their behaviour with them 0.04% 1
again, there are too many factors to be considered. it would have to depend on the student. 0.04% 1
bring back discipline in our schools and homes. 0.04% 1
! 0.04% 1
you require a combination of things. 0.04% 1
i feel most of the answers should be used except for bribing them or rewarding them. 0.04% 1
idk 0.04% 1
ignore them 0.04% 1
dont know 0.04% 1
kick them out of class, and give them a small punishment 0.04% 1
find out the reason for the disruption and handle appropriately 0.04% 1
find out the real problem and see if you can help with it 0.04% 1
test them and see that they are bored that is why they are acting up 0.04% 1
slap the punk in the mouth and then kick the shit out of him 0.04% 1
a mixture of the above, you must learn your student and do what's best for them 0.04% 1
i think you should first give them a warning, incase they are just doing it to look cool for their friends. then if they continue, give them a complimentary after school detention with a teacher. they may need help, but not ask for it. 0.04% 1
have them assessed to determine their knowledge level and iq and any other issues that might be at play 0.04% 1
if the entire class gets rowdy, call the cops and have an officer sit in the classroom. i'm telling ya, when i was in school, we needed law enforcement! 0.04% 1
all of the above- no two students are the same. 0.04% 1
i think choices 1, 2, 3, and 5 are good, but in the right order. start with 3 and move towards more punitive steps if they don't respond. 0.04% 1
build rapport with the students. appear in control 0.04% 1
different issues require different approaches. 0.04% 1
all of above 0.04% 1
all of the above! 0.04% 1
give them something to do 0.04% 1
COMMENTS