Results for - Your Rights or Mine?
1,414 voters participated in this survey
1. Did you hear about the Muslim taxi driver in NY who was fined for not letting a woman ride up front?
2. Tamsir Drammeh was waiting outside his taxi stand near Penn station when a family of 4 approached. He popped the trunk for their luggage, then got into the car. The father and two children got in the back seat, leaving the mother with the front. Drammeh reportedly locked the door and would not allow her in. He told her that her husband would have to sit up front, but she was not allowed. The family ended up taking a picture of his medallion number and finding another cab, but Drammah later cited his reasoning behind this was that his religion does not allow women other than his wife to be in such close proximity to him. Do you think this is a valid excuse?
3. The wife ended up filing a sexual discrimination complaint against Drammah. He lost, appealed, and lost again. Do you see this as a case of sexual discrimination?
4. The judge in this case told Drammeh that if he is going to take a job that requires him to serve the public, he will have to keep his religious beliefs to himself. Do you agree with this sentiment?
5. If you were the family in this situation, how would you have handled it?
I would have quietly left, got another cab, and let that be the end of it.
I would have respected his beliefs and had my husband sit up front.
I would have yelled at him and told him how unfair he was being.
I would have contacted his boss and expressed my displeasure.
I would file a discrimination suit.
I would have never tried to get in the front in the first place.
I'm not sure.
Other (please specify)
12/27/2015 News 1414 64 By: MamaV1776