Results for - Is Online Learning Good for High-School Kids?
3,086 voters participated in this survey
In early June 2019, PricewaterhouseCoopers reportedly sent unsolicited emails to Ontario guidance counsellors offering gift cards in exchange for information on student behaviour, ostensibly conducting market research into the “online education market in Ontario.”
That market represents the high-school students who we now know will be required to take four e-learning courses to obtain their diploma under Doug Ford’s new plan. The reasoning behind the push for e-learning at high school, which is set to roll out in 2020
1. Are you aware about E-learning?
2. Do you think most of the high-schools should start teaching their courses online?
3. In your opinion, how would you rate the quality of education through an online learning course?
4. Some studies put the drop-out rate between 40 and 80 per cent overall for online courses. Do you think that the high-school drop-out rate will increase if the government funds E-learning in high-schools?
5. Do you think that E-learning is a new strategy for school administration to save the money they spend on substitute teachers?