Results for - School Days
2,269 voters participated in this survey
This is survey is about subjects you learned (or didn't) while in elementary, middle or high school.
1. Many schools in the USA are no longer teaching cursive. Did you learn cursive in elementary school?
2. Did you take driver's education as part of your high school? (This would be during school hours and did not cost money to take. This is not the modern driver's ed.)
3. Did you take cooking or baking classes while in middle school or high school? (This may have been included in many home economics classes)
4. Did you learn sewing or other arts and crafts while in middle or high school? (This may have been included in many home economics classes)
5. Did you take shop or a wood working class?
6. Do you think many younger people are missing out and not as knowledgeable about day to day things since schools are no teaching things like cooking, sewing, cursive and more?
7. Do you think coding (for computer, electronics, etc.) should be a required high school class in today's world?
8. Do you think it is the parents job or the schools job to teach things such as cooking, woodworking, sewing, and more?
It is the parents responsibility 100%
It is the schools responsibility 100%
It is the parents responsibility, only if the school is not teaching it
Other (please specify)
9. Does it worry you that there is a generation of kids growing up not learning cursive, who will not be able to sign their own name (on legal paperwork, for a credit card transaction, to get a loan, etc)?
09/21/2020 Education 2269 89 Anonymous